Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mountune is out of stock and so is my dealership, all on back order. Anyone know FOR SURE where I can buy some that are actually in stock? I would prefer to stick with OEM but I'd be open to a reputable brand at an affordable price. Not interested in slotted/drilled rotors.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
^Rockauto is a good source for most things if you're happy with the generic stuff.

KNS brakes is my go-to for anything brake related

Edit: just took a look at what they have now and it looks like they only have slotted rotors. They usually have centric blanks but doesn't appear to be the case currently.

·
Registered
97 Posts
People seem to like R1 Concepts. They have blank rotors in stock when I was checking this morning.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Be sure and check out tirerack.com----very nice selection of rotors in many flavors. Bought slotted Stop Techs for my RS from them............................at about 2/3 the price of OEMs from my dealer!

Good luck with whatever you go with!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the Rock Auto suggestion, great prices on the MotorCraft rotors. Placed an order and now I'm just crossing my fingers I don't get an e-mail telling me they're actually on back order.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks for the Rock Auto suggestion, great prices on the MotorCraft rotors. Placed an order and now I'm just crossing my fingers I don't get an e-mail telling me they're actually on back order.
I’ve used Rock Auto fairly often and haven’t had any issues. If they show stock they have it at their warehouse. Hopefully you have the same experience!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Rock auto has hands down been the best experience I've had buying factory or oe replacement parts EVER. Prices always fair, shipping is fast, and no surprise duty fees for us Canadians. Love that website.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,507 Posts
Rock Auto is good, but I think it depends on the part you're buying. I had issues with the catalytic converter I bought for my sister's Tacoma (after some piece of sh*t scrub stole hers). The said it was a direct replacement, but I had to cut and manipulate to make it work. Was a real PITA.

And gawd forbid you have to reach out to them. Good luck trying to get a hold of anybody. There's not even an email you can reach them at. But hey, it was the cheapest place to find a stupid CARB certified cat... Thanks Commiefornia...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have a brand new set of OEM Rotors (front and back) as well as 2 sets of brand new OEM brake pads (front and back) here in SoCal if anyone is looking. I know the rotors are back ordered for almost 7 months from what I heard.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
I have a brand new set of OEM Rotors (front and back) as well as 2 sets of brand new OEM brake pads (front and back) here in SoCal if anyone is looking. I know the rotors are back ordered for almost 7 months from what I heard.
Hat Font Thigh Formal wear Event

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
So I actually have 3 (not 2) sets of front brake pads, 1 (not 2) set rear pads, and a set of front and rear rotors - all brand new and for the bargain price of $250 if you come get them. Can't beat that.
That's a great deal!

Post it in the for sale section, it'll get snagged fast!

Reactions: big jim

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So now I don't think so highly of Rock Auto.. I got the front rotors and pads done, then as I was putting on one of the rear rotors I realized it was too small, they sent me the wrong ones! :mad:
Going right to Ford in the morning and seeing if there's anything they can do. I have to work Sunday and it's my only vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
So now I don't think so highly of Rock Auto.. I got the front rotors and pads done, then as I was putting on one of the rear rotors I realized it was too small, they sent me the wrong ones! :mad:
Going right to Ford in the morning and seeing if there's anything they can do. I have to work Sunday and it's my only vehicle.
sorry buddy

·
Premium Member
2016 SG RS2
278 Posts
And now they are most likely going to charge you for shipping back the wrong part that was their fault. Went through this a month ago with a tensioner. Sent me the wrong one . I will never buy anything from them again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts