Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold everything but the front brakes.
Rotora Front Carbon Ceramic brakes - 6 piston front, Used, Street driven for 20k miles, never tracked - $2000 shipped

Volk TE37 SAGA with Michelin - SOLD
AST 5300 3-Way Shock Absorbers - New in Box - SOLD
Status Ring GTX carbon fiber shell seats with Planted brackets. Used in Good condition - SOLD

Anderson CF Hood (Type SA) and Fenders - New never installed -SOLD

Located in DFW.
20200407_173107.jpg

20200407_173110.jpg
20200407_173141.jpg
20200105_193510.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Awesome parts for sale
How was the fitment of the 18x9 (offset?) with PS4S 265’s?
GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Any more info on the coilovers? What camber plates where you going to use with them? May be interested

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AST 5300s come with camber plates installed, these also have QR connections on the rears which is a $600 upgrade. If you want to see pics of installed on RS @Shimmer runs the 5300s and could probably post some.

Here is link to their website that says a little more about them.

·
Registered
763 Posts
AST 5300s come with camber plates installed, these also have QR connections on the rears which is a $600 upgrade. If you want to see pics of installed on RS @Shimmer runs the 5300s and could probably post some.

Only 4 dampers would ever go on my own car. AST, Reiger, Moton, custom Penske. This is coming from two decades plus of damper design, RnD and racer support in numerous off road platforms. Pure business. Plus as a key note of interest, keep in mind the location change in the rear for the spring rate. This change allows a substantially lower spring rate which results in better traction, and much less shear oil breakdown from over endured low speed rebounds which must handle higher spring rates, this downside will obviously continue on the blow off to hi seed scenarios or transitional phase thereof.. I have 25K miles , zero issues and zero structural issues as Nightmared on the forums.

·
Registered
155 Posts

I was also wondering about spring rates supplied or what information you provided AST about driving type and use of the car that helped them determine spring rates. I was communicating with them for a while per @Shimmer recommendation and was interested in them.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I was also wondering about spring rates supplied or what information you provided AST about driving type and use of the car that helped them determine spring rates. I was communicating with them for a while per @Shimmer recommendation and was interested in them.
I have yet to spring dyno these but will be shortly since I work very close to Eibach USA and we’re going to use the ERS springs they offer. As shipped a aggressive street set up, mild track. Definitely want stiffer Springs and slightly more low speed rebound to match. Then I’m sold 100%
only 99% now ?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are the standard rates that AST uses for the RS, 80/50 Nm.

·
Registered
763 Posts
  • Guy
  • @Shimmer , Any reason you don't include MCS in that list?
    The main issue I have with companies who charge me thousands of dollars for coil overs is the smaller they are the less that they offer for adjustments without crossover affects and material used which won’t last in normal condition of use. It’s tru the dudes who started mcs are recognized engineers who work for someone else now. Hence MCS started very late in game for DeCabon damper designs. Why not invert as well? The MCS I’ve seen and others have shown serious corrosion after 9mos of some basic rain. Thats horrible so as I tech/engineer/racer I can only assume that during use in rain serious damper ingression is happening with moisture as well.
    I’m not a fan of machined components and non use of full anodize treatments on pumps (that’s what a damper is) which present opportunity for moisture. The valve shims I’ve also seen are not precision lapped which is huge no no in damper works. I still have friends in Taiwan who oversee name brand suspension I won’t say who. But let’s just say u would not be happy with what’s inside most 1500! Coil overs. Typical money grab on most dampers under 2k. I’m excluding KW AND Bilstein due to size and oem suplly. Way diff scenarios. But be careful with dampers it’s not all black magic science but data and quality ain’t cheap.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Really quality parts here. Very tempted, particularly on the Volks, and then the ASTs, in that order, but I'm unable to commit at this moment..

Off topic, but if you don't mind, are you getting out of the RS completely?

Free bump.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Really quality parts here. Very tempted, particularly on the Volks, and then the ASTs, in that order, but I'm unable to commit at this moment..

Off topic, but if you don't mind, are you getting out of the RS completely?

Free bump.
He lost his mind and bought a 350R, lol......................RS is gonzo

1 - 20 of 27 Posts