Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a good experience with 2 piece Stoptechs and they were worth the investment. Big improvement over stock in every way.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Curious... Does Ferodo make our current OEM stock pads? I know they do on my other Ford w/Brembos. If not, is the Ferodo DS2500 a better pad than our stock pads?
I have recently heard the same thing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
712 Posts
I just realized I need some new fronts for a track day in a couple weeks. Was going to replace with OEM motorcraft since they work and I thought they would be cheap, but was very surprised that my dealer quoted $115 each for fronts and $150 each for rears. Any idea why the rears are more?

Looking online I can’t find any motorcraft for less than $80 shipped (front) or $100 shipped (rear), still way more than others have apparently paid. Does anyone have a cheaper source, or do you think prices have increased due to supply/demand?

Reading through this, sounds like Centric are an acceptable OEM replacement for track use? I’m assuming you guys use the premium high-carbon Centrics?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Does anyone have a cheaper source, or do you think prices have increased due to supply/demand?

Reading through this, sounds like Centric are an acceptable OEM replacement for track use? I’m assuming you guys use the premium high-carbon Centrics?
My go-to is KNS brakes:

Been happily running my Centric premiums as my track set-up along with G-Loc R12/R10s.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My go-to is KNS brakes:

Been happily running my Centric premiums as my track set-up along with G-Loc R12/R10s.
Thanks, that is way more affordable than the OEMs. KNS has very reasonable shipping too. I think I’ll pick up a spare set of front pads while I’m ordering from them, since I seem to get about 6 days from them...

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Stoptech slotted is cheaper at tire rack:...

Also free shipping
Yep, Stoptech (and TireRack) has been my go-to for ~35 years now. Top quality brakes for many HP vehicles. I autocrossed for 17 years on the same set of front rotors. Only a few sets of pads needed. This was over a decade ago though. The current top-level hi-metallic brake pads will eat practically any rotor so that the rotor and pads are pretty much worn out together...

Reactions: nicklulu
21 - 27 of 27 Posts