41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
My pleasure.
If you get a chance would you mind checking vin: WF0DP3TH9H4120994 for the fsa, on etis is says "Outstanding Field Service Actions: no campaign messages found"

how do these dealers sell these cars and are unsure if the FSA has been completed or not

·
Registered
855 Posts
If you get a chance would you mind checking vin: WF0DP3TH9H4120994 for the fsa, on etis is says "Outstanding Field Service Actions: no campaign messages found"

how do these dealers sell these cars and are unsure if the FSA has been completed or not
I'm out of the office until Monday. I'll check it then.

·
Registered
855 Posts
@Zellhound, that VIN you were asking about, WF0DP3TH9H4120994? The HG was replaced on 28MAR2018 at Gervais Inc in Ayer, MA with 12171 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can run the VIN thru Ford's OASIS.

I’m also in the market for an RS & have seen a few ‘17s that I like with under 10k miles & no mention on their carfax reports of head gasket replacements. Can you explain exactly how I can look up to see if Ford completed FSA? Also, if it’s a know fact that all them need it done why doesn’t it show up on carfax reports as an active recall? I’m just really confused & if the car is at a non-Ford dealerships act oblivious to the issue.

Also, I was told that if the build date on the drivers side door says 07/17 the car has the correct HG’s? That that true?

Sorry guys, I just don’t want to spend 33-35k on a car & have to worry about potentially blowing the motor & the FSA supposedly expiring on 5-31-19?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
I’m also in the market for an RS & have seen a few ‘17s that I like with under 10k miles & no mention on their carfax reports of head gasket replacements. Can you explain exactly how I can look up to see if Ford completed FSA? Also, if it’s a know fact that all them need it done why doesn’t it show up on carfax reports as an active recall? I’m just really confused & if the car is at a non-Ford dealerships act oblivious to the issue.

Also, I was told that if the build date on the drivers side door says 07/17 the car has the correct HG’s? That that true?

Sorry guys, I just don’t want to spend 33-35k on a car & have to worry about potentially blowing the motor & the FSA supposedly expiring on 5-31-19?

Get the VIN. Go to your local Ford stealer of your choosing, slip a service advisor a $10 or $20 and have them pull up all records of service with the vin. About all you can do.

·
Registered
176 Posts

@n0rm can help you lookup all the service records for car. But most likely the head gasket issue recall has been done (if it needed one). I believe it is pretty rare for you to find an RS without the head gasket recall done

As for build date, if it was built in July 2017, then you MIGHT be safu! However, it depends if it was before July 7, 2017. If it is built before that date, then it need to get the headgasket recall.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It’s interesting to go back & read the early comments in this thread about how dealers were basically giving the RS away & how seemingly no one was buying them.

Fast forward to Sept. 2019 & the used market has these things selling for 34-38k with 15-20k miles on them, often times no mention of head gasket replacements & dealers will not budge on their prices.

Unfortunately, now buyers are overpaying for a car that sat on dealer lots for 300-500 days back in 2017-2018. So odd.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can look online with the vin and see if they replaced the gasket. I checked before purchasing mine. RS2 37 OTD. Ok deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
It’s interesting to go back & read the early comments in this thread about how dealers were basically giving the RS away & how seemingly no one was buying them.

Fast forward to Sept. 2019 & the used market has these things selling for 34-38k with 15-20k miles on them, often times no mention of head gasket replacements & dealers will not budge on their prices.

Unfortunately, now buyers are overpaying for a car that sat on dealer lots for 300-500 days back in 2017-2018. So odd.....

It's very common. There was a gun scare during a certain president's term. Stuff you could have bought for $500 weeks before jumped up to $1,500. People panic, fester, and overbuy when there is the threat they can buy something they want. You snooze, you lose. The RS was always going to be a 24 month production run, always has been. People had a year of chances to buy one, new, for a steal, and missed out. Tough tattays.

·
Registered
39 Posts

No kidding. I paid $35k out the door for my brand new 2016 with a $45k MSRP over a year ago where it was sitting for quite a while. Crazy to think I could probably get close to that selling it now with 8k miles on it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No kidding. I paid $35k out the door for my brand new 2016 with a $45k MSRP over a year ago where it was sitting for quite a while. Crazy to think I could probably get close to that selling it now with 8k miles on it.

Nows the time to sell it if you’re debating to keep it long-term. I think you could probably get 35k depending on what state your in, or close to that amount. Anything under 10k miles with a clean title seems to sell very fast. There was a brand new black ‘17 at a Ford Dealer in FL last year that was priced at 32.8k. I’m kicking myself for not buying it. I could’ve drove it for a year, sold it & broke even on it. Oh well.....

·
Registered
504 Posts
Heck I would consider selling mine for the right price, I don’t marry cars, they are typically just flings to me :). I just dump a lot of $ into them, kind of like a real fling lol, but don’t get me wrong we have a lot of fun together.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Heck I would consider selling mine for the right price, I don’t marry cars, they are typically just flings to me :). I just dump a lot of $ into them, kind of like a real fling lol, but don’t get me wrong we have a lot of fun together.

I was kind of hoping to get one of those 2017s that were first sold in late 2018, due to warranties expiring. Heck I just saw a 2017 that was first sold in Jan. ‘19 & the guy already put 11k miles on it, in 7 months.

Carvana keeps getting a lot of these & the more I read into their process, the more I like it. They also make it very easy in delivering the vehicle around your work schedules & don’t charge dealer fees etc.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts