Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got from reyland motorsport UK the AP9660 calipers and AP 362 mm floated disc's for my 2017 RS. This is a great setup for track. NO any issues with the brakes now!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first: I don't sell breaks, I sell lamb skins (www.fellcastell.de) LOL
second: If you trust the pics, then you have no other problems

I have also K&W 3-way competition with Nürburgring setup in my RS. If you don't trust me, then come to Nürburgring on this sunnday and ride with me :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got my AP CP9040 brakeset from Reynolds to. 362 mm disks that fit under 18 inch wheels. Met Martin, the owner who is nice, helpful and knowledgible. Drives at the track in his spear time. Price was less than $1800 ex taxes, but it all depends on options. With cooling ducts and Ferodo 1.11 pads, I no longer have any heat problems at my local track, which is really demanding on the brakes.

20190114_102150.jpg
20190114_102249.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
now this season of Nürburgring is closed, I drove about 110 laps included some GP stints w/o any issues. For the Dixcel R23C is game over now, the brake discs have some heat cracks. The rear braks are standard with Hawk DTC 60 brake pads. This is a very nice setup, no overheating, no fading.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Whats the difference in what you have K&W 3-way competition with Nürburgring setup and the K&W 3-way competition setup ??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The K&W Competition was for the first to hard for Nürburgring, I got another rear springs an shocks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
These are UK £2000 plus vat 20% but you’d save the VAT if you export to the USA

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
@rs-tom
I to had an issue with rear spring on the Original kit they where just too long by about 25mm. I did get revision 2 and revision 3 springs sent for free and made a massive difference in look and due to lowering handling.
Did the ring earlier this year it’s just too f9 miles lipping to long.
Day One was great used mainly Track mode using Tractive dampers with occasional Sport selection.
Day Two was very wet, set off in Track mode as day one soon discovered to firm for the wet did the morning in Normal and was superb. Then in the afternoon went to the Nürburg centre and did go-carts awesome fun.
Day Three SPA what can I say but simply AWESOME.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I am in the market for the Reyland Motorsport brake discs.
I almost pulled the trigger but I was a bit worried on the cooling vane design.
Compared to Tarox, Stoptech, EBC floating kits of course, the Reyland Motorsport brake discs seem to have a standard vane design which does not optimize cooling.
I assume the AP kit uses different Reyland Motorsport brake discs compared to the offering for rotors only.

·
Registered
638 Posts
@White-RS2

That option is too expensive for me. Also, I will not like the caliber colour given both of mine are Nitrous Blue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts