Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

so i bought myself a Raceseng R-Lock and wanted to install that today, after watching videos i was sure it would be a piece of cake, but when i removed the shift boot trim the reverse lock assembly (black plastic) seems to be stuck on tight to the shifter arm, i can wiggle it, but trying to remove it out upwards with more strength it would stay on pretty tight, anyone else have this issue? the videos i saw had the assembly attached to the whole shift boot as a piece and would just slide out but not mine!

attached photo IMG_20200212_174148.jpg IMG_20200212_174154.jpg IMG_20200212_174202.jpg IMG_20200212_174208.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
From those pics, it looks as though the piece attached to the boot needs to be tilted a bit to line up with the solid black piece, which is part of the shifter.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Part 1 needs to line up with 2, it looks to me that the notch (part 2) has to be aligned with the solid piece (part 1) for it to slip over it ??
20200212_180544.jpg

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Hmmm...The shift boot and reverse lock out mechanism usually just slides out like the video below:

You'll have to take both off the shifter in order to get that piece off since those "ears" need to be turn 90 degrees and "spread open" to get it off.

Check out these instructions: http://images.rallysportdirect.com/image/upload/s--jaTk7mpZ--/v1507063463/rsd_instructions/2015_Focus_RS_and_ST_Shift_Boot_Instructions.pdf

I would say feel around underneath the mechanism to see if it's getting hung up on anything. Are you in neutral?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Part 1 needs to line up with 2, it looks to me that the notch (part 2) has to be aligned with the solid piece (part 1) for it to slip over it ?? View attachment 338921
I believe you have to slide the whole assembly off the shift lever in order to rotate that and separate the 2 pieces.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you have the plastic notch lined up with the metal barb on the shifter it will get Tight to remove. I used some lithium grease and it slid right over the and off the shift lever.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help homies! mine required more muscle than intended, not sure why, but definitely helped lining the assembly up with the shift arm, and than off it came!
much love from down under!

IMG_20200213_122500.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts