Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealership didnt get any allocated units from Ford, so they placed a retail order for me. Anyone have any idea if certain dealers get favorited when it comes to fulfilling retail orders or is just the order they are placed in the system, the order they are fulfilled? Wonder if I should place my order with a larger dealer as mine said very sternly that "it is very unlikely" they get a RS. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Well that sucks. Kind of over promising I feared would happen. Were they so desperate that the lied to keep you as a future customer?

·
Registered
58 Posts
If no allocation the regional rep. must have ok'd the retail order? This is a good question for Nick - the Ford rep that joined today.

Reactions: krypt0

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I would love to hear what Nick has to say, but really I was just letting my dealer have too much control and I dont think they were aware of the situation as much as they should have been.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My dealership doesn't have allocation either, but letting me order anyways.

I'm curious to see if I'm wasting my time and money while hoping for the order to get picked up.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yea I would love to hear what Nick has to say, but really I was just letting my dealer have too much control and I dont think they were aware of the situation as much as they should have been.
You are letting them off easy. When all thes reports of dealers with multiple allocations came out I was skeptical. I think they jumped the gun with their reports that they knew allocation in advance. Some may have others made things up.

My dealer told me they didn't know how many they would get or when they would get it. We moved forward and learned together and it wasn't until last week Monday that we knew for sure that the dueler would get one. They went on to say they could do customer orders but didn't know when those would arrive but predicted very late 2016 or almost MY17.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well that sucks. Kind of over promising I feared would happen. Were they so desperate that the lied to keep you as a future customer?
That reminds me of several stories of a dealership near Edmonton that has promised customers mustangs that they did not have allocation for. They took deposits and told the customers they would order it. When the time came and the car did't show up they just assured the customer they would be on the next order. If the customer insisted they would give the deposit back but in most cases the customers did not have many choices at that point. Anyways, this stuff happens so look out for number one.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wont put this one on the dealer, his a long time friend and neighbor of mine. That and I did some side work for the dealership so I dont think there was any wrong doing on his part. They never told me they had any allocations. I just incorrectly assumed they would get at least 1.

So now I'm wondering what the chances are I get my retail order at all. And if theres a good chance these early retail orders will be fulfilled, if I would be better off ordering it from a larger dealership or if it doesnt matter.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wont put this one on the dealer, his a long time friend and neighbor of mine. That and I did some side work for the dealership so I dont think there was any wrong doing on his part. They never told me they had any allocations. I just incorrectly assumed they would get at least 1.

So now I'm wondering what the chances are I get my retail order at all. And if theres a good chance these early retail orders will be fulfilled, if I would be better off ordering it from a larger dealership or if it doesnt matter.
Keeping in mind my info is California centric, this is what I've heard.

Odds are there will not be any left over for the retail build. Those will probably get bumped into 2017.

This is very similar to what they were doing with the Boss 302, 2/3 years ago.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keeping in mind my info is California centric, this is what I've heard.

Odds are there will not be any left over for the retail build. Those will probably get bumped into 2017.

This is very similar to what they were doing with the Boss 302, 2/3 years ago.
Ugh thats what I'm fearing. And with everyone speculating late deliveries of MY 16s, I'm starting to think that waiting 3-4 more months to get a retail order for a 17 at MSRP from my home dealer might not be too bad.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts

What Dealership and town?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ugh thats what I'm fearing. And with everyone speculating late deliveries of MY 16s, I'm starting to think that waiting 3-4 more months to get a retail order for a 17 at MSRP from my home dealer might not be too bad.
Cheapo- where are you at? it sounds like there are a few dealers here in the Northwest (very few) that have MSRP opportunities

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im in Denver at the moment, but my home dealer is in Iowa.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My dealer was honest, told me that he didn't know, and when he found out they were getting 0 allotment, told me it was going to be retail. I still think if you order retail this week, you won't have any problem getting your car by end of summer next year. It's not like the factory isn't going to be pumping them out. If they have the orders, chances are they get through what, 50 a day? 5 days a week, maybe 30 weeks in the 2016 year for manufacturing left? Puts it into August with 7,500 cars to share world wide for 2016... I bet if you have it ordered now, you won't need to worry.
Is a video from the last generation which wasn't anywhere near the production planned for this generation.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
How do you know if it was a retail order or an allocation order?

My dealership didnt get any allocated units from Ford, so they placed a retail order for me. Anyone have any idea if certain dealers get favorited when it comes to fulfilling retail orders or is just the order they are placed in the system, the order they are fulfilled? Wonder if I should place my order with a larger dealer as mine said very sternly that "it is very unlikely" they get a RS. Thanks.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do you know if it was a retail order or an allocation order?
Says retail at the top of the order, next to priority.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
What does an "allocation" order say or how is it marked?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
all allocation orders have been marked Retail that I have seen. Mine is marked retail and it is an allocation.
Im still waiting to see any Ford confirmations, so far the only thing any of us have are dealer confirmations.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts