Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I was working on some things in my car, after part of that I had forgotten to plug in the piece below the radio that has the passenger side airbag indicator light before I turned the car back on.

From that moment forward, I can't get the airbag light to extinguish on the dash. I've run across this before with a Nissan truck I used to drive, all I had to do was follow a procedure of turning the ignition on/off in a sequence to get that system to reset.

Unfortunately I am coming up empty between this forum, another and YouTube with a method to do this here on my RS. If FORScan is the correct tool for this, I have that on hand to accomplish the task. I'm pretty confident there is no actual issue, the car just didn't like not seeing that indicator light plugged in,

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Drive cycles counts above 5 typically reset basics features. The ecu set a trigger watch commmand since the connector was not connected. Now ecu will check each start up and verify. This only completes when you do a complete basic cool down after warmed up. So approximately 10-15min sitting. If this doesn’t reset it then u need a SRS scan tool to reset manually. Easy.

Reactions: MorningZ
1 - 4 of 4 Posts