Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Mountune Track Pads (2536-BPF-EO) pads for the last 3 years (multiple sets) and I've loved them.

My last set is ready to be replaced.

What's this? They've been discontinued :(

Okay, I want something EXACTLY like them. What's the most similar alternative?

Thanks fellas,
Rob

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nobody knows. Mountune certainly did not make those pads. Your best bet is to look for clues on the pads themselves, maybe there is some marking that leads to the supplier. Other than that, what's so special about them? They are road pads for sure, not too abrasive, nothing crazy. Use Ferodo DS2500 pads all around and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
I used to use the Winmax when Mountune USA carried them now I just run the Hawk HP Plus

·
Registered
41 Posts
After they switched from Winmax, it appeared by the description, that Mountune street and track pads were manufactured by EBC (aramid fiber brake pads, temp ratings, easy bed-in, etc.), with the street pads being EBC Yellowstuff and their track pads being EBC Bluestuff. I switched over to the EBC Bluestuff this March when the Mountune track pads went on back order and my butt-o-meter says that they perform the same.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nobody knows. Mountune certainly did not make those pads. Your best bet is to look for clues on the pads themselves, maybe there is some marking that leads to the supplier. Other than that, what's so special about them? They are road pads for sure, not too abrasive, nothing crazy. Use Ferodo DS2500 pads all around and you'll be fine.
Ask Mr. Owl, he knows everything!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
ran into similar situation

this is a follow up chat to

TRACK PADS thread, then
TRACK PADS 2 thread @ was a follow up

maybe this help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts