Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Ladys and Gents, I'm having Problems with my Focus RS 2017. With hard acceleration the AWD System ist cuttin off. Also no drive modes. And it's not happening everytime. New PTU + RTU. I did buy a new PTU and RTU fur small money but the RTU whithout the Module so I put the old module. The old RTU had some mechanical issues and also from time to time cutted of the AWD as well. But anyway - Iv'e scaned the car and diagnostics say that there is a Problem with the AWD Module. To be precise it's showing a code: U3000:92-2C. So I ordered a now module from ford. The price is not so high. So my question is: does someone know is it possible to change the module whidout taking the RDU out ? I usualy do what I can muself by every my car, (as I changed the RTU and PTU myself). Other thing is: does it need programing of flashing ? I want preserve this car becouse I love a fast Ford :) thx in advance for help. The guys from ford service don't know much about this car so it's better to hear from you all :)
I went through all discussion there and US and European RDU the same, calibration is the same as well, but new control unit is coming empty and needs to be uploaded (actually all software loaded to the vehicle and with ForScan you can do it yourself). My opinion that you have potentially two factors to look at: 1. control module failure, you can try to reset and clear the table, but I think you already did by clearing code and it didn't help, 2. one of the sensors which fitting control module malfunction and give the error which disable AWD, most coming issue is abs sensors, or cracked/dirty abs ring, or bad hub bearing and under high load (first/second gear) it slightly offset abs ring, but just enough to failure signal. My opinion you need to find faulty sensor or bad wire/connection.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.