Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slow leak (of unclear etiology) in one of the original Michelin Pilot Sports on my 2018 NB. The car (and tires) have only 5400 miles. Given the minimal wear, can I replace just the one tire or do I need to replace both rear tires?

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Good point from @garryb above I had the same issue with my summer wheels after powdercoating.

Apparently if installed improperly of pulled too hard the TPMS valve stems will end up leaking slowly. Happened on two of them within a few months interval, replaced them all with new OE stems from Ford, installed by a reputable tire shop this time, havent had any slow leak since then.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point from @garryb above I had the same issue with my summer wheels after powdercoating.

Apparently if installed improperly of pulled too hard the TPMS valve stems will end up leaking slowly. Happened on two of them within a few months interval, replaced them all with new OE stems from Ford, installed by a reputable tire shop this time, havent had any slow leak since then.
Interesting, thanks for this advice. Are the valve stems generic, or RS-specific? Do you have a part number, by any chance?

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Interesting, thanks for this advice. Are the valve stems generic, or RS-specific? Do you have a part number, by any chance?
I believe they are the same for pretty much all Ford cars/trucks. I have the receipt at home but your dealer should have them in stock, they were not so expansive either.

There are replacements on Amazon too. Decided to use OE + reputable shop though to avoid the hassle of having valves replaced regularly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts