Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford-Focus-RS.jpg

The new 2016 Ford Focus RS is yet to hit the market, but already there is a great deal of enthusiasm about this car in every forum and chat room. What’s not to love about a 350 horsepower hot hatchback with a drift mode? In fact, the only way it could be any better is if was a bit wider.

And that is not taken care thanks to this fantastic rendering by Prisk Design. This, to all intents and purposes, is what the ultimate tuned 2016 Ford Focus RS should look like. It has got a full wide body treatment with super cool fender extensions, it’s slammed on a set of fat wheels, and it’s got a new aero kit as well.

We do realize none of this stuff is practical in the real world, but there is something very desirable about the way this Ford Focus RS wide body looks that is more than make up for the headache that using a wide and low car will inevitably results in.

Every part of this virtual 2016 Ford Focus RS wide body is an inspiration. Even if nobody’s going to make the full package, they should at least come up with a similar aero kit. This thing is just too good to be left an imagination.

Rendering by Rain Prisk Designs

Rendering: 2016 Ford Focus RS Wide Body - Motorward

·
Registered
148 Posts
IMO the front grill is just a little off. Almost too big. But I do like that people are already dreaming about modifying the looks of the FoRS.

I'll never go wide body. Maybe some splash guards. :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
Gross, not a fan at all of the stancey stuff. It's a very well done render, but not a fan at all for the look/style.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As a huge fan of Rauh-Welt Porsches with the bolt-on wide body, this render appeals to me in a visceral sense. I DO wish that Ford had done something with the fender flares, but I also understand the economics of a global car. I'll consider the wide body once I decide to put a full roll cage and gut the RS for pure track duty; but that will be a few years. Nice post!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I do not care what the car looks like, so for aesthetics I would not.

Now, if I found tracking my car was/became an intimate and special thing, then I would pursue upgrading the suspension and seeking better grip, etc.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I might, but not if it looks like this. This look does nothing for me and I would have to be shown the value in performance that mods like this would deliver to even consider any major width changes.

To each their own, but I couldn't attract more of the wrong type of attention if I added a bumper sticker that said "Bad Cop, No Doughnut!".

Jim

·
Registered
555 Posts
Maybe for the Stretch n Slammed crowd, but not practical in real world. Don't like how the front nose has been cut open, lost the oval mouth. Way to much camber for functioning dynamics, really don't think it'd handle or have better lap times than stock.
Please keep it on the wall!

Do think the flares that Ken Block have on the ST car would work on the RS
ford-focus-trackster-chicago.jpg original.jpg
God I wish we had this color option...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Some how this kit design Turned the car into late 80s Honda Civic owned by a kid with his parents check book. Or worst something Vin Desiel will be green screen driving in the next "plastic and curious" ... Uh, I mean fast and furious movie .... What are they up to, like 30 of those stupid movies?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I dig me some flares, but they have to be realistic and tasteful. The ones in this pic are still too much for me.

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I wouldn't mind having a custom set done in steel that looked like the RS500 flares. But it'd be massively expensive, and you'd have to paint damn near the whole car after.

Ford-Focus-RS500-8.jpg

·
Registered
669 Posts
Nah I will pass. I don't like that particular render, but acknowledge they can look alright if done right. Not for me though, perhaps a down pipe and a tune, but will keep it looking stock. The most I would do would be a lowering slightly and different wheels potentially in future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
21 Participants
Maple Villa
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing