Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - the dealer where I'm purchasing my GT350R has an allocation for an RS. It's actually ordered but can still be changed to spec.

They are firm at $5k over MSRP. I haven't read too deep on here to learn if that's a good deal or not, so don't kill the messenger - just passing the info along.

If someone is serious, I'll send them the dealer and salesman name. Please only ask for the info if you're serious.

Take care
Jeff

·
Registered
520 Posts
Based on the other threads I'd say people are pretty much done playing the ADM game at this point. Someone somewhere might be willing but even 5k is steep in the ADM world.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much over MRSP have they shafted you with the GT350R btw?
None of your business.

View attachment 2310

That price won't go over well here, but I'm sure we all appreciate the thought!
Yeah, I'm on lunch with not much time to research it - just thought I'd pass it along. Sounds like they are available at MRSP - but maybe at some point they are not, this will still be available for someone when they search it.

Take care guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PS - I'll pass this average purchase price info on to them when we speak next. Perhaps it will convince them to adjust it to a reasonable market price.

·
Registered
471 Posts
None of your business.
None of your business? Isn't this supposed to be a forum where we help each other? Why do you even care if we know what you paid? We all know how much the car cost at MSRP already, so why not help everyone get a better idea of a fair price or at least get an idea of what others are paying. You could also be a little nicer, there is no point in being rude to someone who is just asking a simple question. You came here looking to help someone find an RS, which was a nice thing to do, but then you respond with rudeness. You could of just said "I'm not comfortable sharing that information" instead of none of your business.

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Yeah, this might not be the best place to pitch a ADM allocation for a dealership given we have a thread like this posted already:

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/865-do-not-pay-dealer-added-markup-adm-before-reading-thread.html

The poll here in the forum says a lot also, or that a lot of people don't want to admit to ADM purchases.
St2focus,

You might have hit the nail on the head. Even though the poll shows that most people paid MSRP, I would be willing to some paid some ADM and are not willing to admit it pubically. And I guess that is their prerogative, if it makes them feel better.

Peace YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
None of your business? Isn't this supposed to be a forum where we help each other? Why do you even care if we know what you paid? We all know how much the car cost at MSRP already, so why not help everyone get a better idea of a fair price or at least get an idea of what others are paying. You could also be a little nicer, there is no point in being rude to someone who is just asking a simple question. You came here looking to help someone find an RS, which was a nice thing to do, but then you respond with rudeness. You could of just said "I'm not comfortable sharing that information" instead of none of your business.
You think his question was simple and not rude? Insinuating that I was "shafted" while asking what I paid for a car is RUDE AND off-topic. If you don't think he QUESTION could had been crafted more politely, then I don't know what to tell you. I responded in kind, thank you. Additionally, yes, this is a forum to help people. You think his question about what I paid for a GT350R was meant to or would even remotely help anyone here? Get real, bud. My mistake for coming here to help out. Like I said, I used a precious few minutes of my lunch break to pass the info that I had just received. I don't have time to get berated by ignorant forum idiots just for doing a good deed.

Of course I paid an ADM - less than most, more than some - but it truly isn't anyone's business or relevant to what I was posting about/offering.

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
St2focus,

You might have hit the nail on the head. Even though the poll shows that most people paid MSRP, I would be willing to some paid some ADM and are not willing to admit it pubically. And I guess that is their prerogative, if it makes them feel better.

Peace YMMV,

MidCow3
Kinda reminds me of a REVERSE Fisherman's story when comes to the mention of ADM.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Insinuating that I was "shafted" while asking what I paid for a car is RUDE AND off-topic. If you don't think he QUESTION could had been crafted more politely, then I don't know what to tell you. I responded in kind, thank you.
The reason he used the word 'shafted' was because they offered $5k markup on the RS. MANY of us have gotten the RS for MSRP or slightly over, so if that's the deal they offered you we're curious what they charged for the 350R.

·
Registered
197 Posts
IMO, if there are allocations out there and you want a 2016 model, you might want to consider paying some ADM.
I ordered my in California, where is almost impossible to avoid ADM (there are a couple dealer do no ADM). I am paying $1500 ADM to avoid troubles and I am just impatient about getting it.
Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
Honestly, I look at ADM based upon location. location, location.

Just like in Real Estate this is all driven up by demand and how limited something is in the marketplace.

Some people negotiate while others pay to end their suffering and to get what they finally want.

Time is money and for some they're willing to pay instead of negotiating for the fear that someone else will jump in and get what someone's waiting for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guys, all I knew this afternoon (during lunch) was that I was told there was an available car at $5k over. I have zero Focus buying/pricing experience but I knew that if it was a GT350, people would want to know RIGHT NOW and they go quick at $5k over at this point. So I just threw it out there real quick - not for debate or anything - just to make it known, just in case the RS market was behaving like the GT350 market is right now.

It wasn't well received, that's fine. I cant see any reason I'd come back here to post - so see you guys later. (mods, feel free to delete my account - I get a lot of annual forum email already :) )

·
Registered
720 Posts
St2focus,

Peace YMMV,

MidCow3
Hopefully people are being honest, it is anonymous. I created it because I was wondering if all the dealer adm being asked is actually being paid. My thoughts were that a lot of dealers may be asking for it, but not getting it. Based on the poll so far looks to me like most of the people who have actually ordered one have been able to get MSRP - maybe gives some ammunition to others that have yet to finalize a deal.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know here in northern California these dealers are sitting on their allocations just praying someone will pay mark up. The banks opened a month ago and there is a good dozen dealers I've contacted still with 2 or 3 allocations.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
33 Replies
17 Participants
Hoonigan
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing