Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys quick question, i am trying to find myself a block to build a forged engine, but i need to know what kind of engine block do i need, will the older 2012-2015 be the same as the 2016-2017 engine blocks?

The older ones have a engine tag R9DA, but i cannot find any info on the newers ones.

Are they the same or should i only find a newer one?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Call Dead Hook Motorsports. They've already built at least one 2.0L block based 2.3L in a FoRS. @Scoobasteve has one.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
If you don't want to order it from Deadhook (which you may want to consider) it seems that older is better

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't want to order it from Deadhook (which you may want to consider) it seems that older is better
I appreciate it, but it is kinda hard to have them ship it to me at greece from the states, so i will try to source one locally if possible

·
Registered
943 Posts
You could also probably call up Tune-. I'm sure they/he would be happy to fix you up with one of his *proven* 700 whp engines, complete with unicorn tears, anti-cracking technology and specially gapped spark plugs.

I kid.

Reactions: focus pilot

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
This guy frequently posts "scatter gun" remarks, based on what appears to be ownership of a dead-stock RS, covered in cling wrap, and hence zero experience modifying one... If only there was a fact filter for car forums.
Text Font Line

20 posts, zero threads started.. hmm. What are we to think of your modding prowess on this platform? Have you ever considered I don't list every mod in a signature? I just wiped it clean for you. :subdued:

Please, do yourself a favor and add to ignore if I bother you that much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts