Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew I read somewhere that someone took a Red ST 3rd brake light and replaced their stock clear one? Can anyone confirm the part number that will fit or RS?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It's the high mount rear light from a Fiesta, not Focus. Yet, it fits. I bought a cheap one on ebay from china a while back, no issues.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Anyone have a part number, and possibly a source, for the 3rd brake light harnesses/connectors? I'm considering trying a 3rd brake light flasher, and would like to work up a "plug and play" solution without cutting any OEM wires.

I'll PayPal you $10 if you can help me find a source for both (of the exact) connectors I need.

I basically need a pice that'll plug into the excising connector, and another that clip on to the light itself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Thom, @thomwithah

I think you are overthinking it. Meticulous you are....
It's super easy, use bullet connectors and they whole thing can be made OE in 2 min.

Yes you will need put connectors on the OE wiring and you'll need to cut the OE wires but thats it.....it is kind of plug and play after you make the connectors.
I wasn't looking at it for the plug harnesses specificallly, but I don't think they are really there on both ends at all.

The makers don't sell any pre done harness', and I tend to think if that was the way to go, they'd go that path.
They all seem to provide bullet connectors.....

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Thom, @thomwithah

I think you are overthinking it. Meticulous you are....
It's super easy, use bullet connectors and they whole thing can be made OE in 2 min.

Yes you will need put connectors on the OE wiring and you'll need to cut the OE wires but thats it.....it is kind of plug and play after you make the connectors.
I wasn't looking at it for the plug harnesses specificallly, but I don't think they are really there on both ends at all.

The makers don't sell any pre done harness', and I tend to think if that was the way to go, they'd go that path.
They all seem to provide bullet connectors.....
Got it.

I understood the flasher could be removed afterwards, but also that the OE wire would be cut. I really don't want to cut or drill anything on the car. Particularly if it's for something I'm not certain I'll want.

Anyhow $10 offer rescinded. I found a place to buy what I want, but have to by 30 pieces, and wait for slow shipping...

Thanks @jjameson for the help!

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Yes you have to cut the OE wire and I understand folks don't want to cut or drill.

but you cut it simply to make a male and female connectors available, if you don't use it reconnect and tape, one would never know.
The ground is vampire tapped or run your own ground.

That's a lot of extra work, Thom, for something your going to install and not have to think about again.
All the wiring is tucked away, easily returned to OE with connectors, and not usually accessed by an average user.
KISS - Keep it simple.....

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Yes you have to cut the OE wire and I understand folks don't want to cut or drill.

but you cut it simply to make a male and female connectors available, if you don't use it reconnect and tape, one would never know.
The ground is vampire tapped or run your own ground.

That's a lot of extra work, Thom, for something your going to install and not have to think about again.
All the wiring is tucked away, easily returned to OE with connectors, and not usually accessed by an average user.
KISS - Keep it simple.....
I really do get that. I know I'm the only one that'd know, but that's just it, I would know. It just makes me feel better knowing It can go back to 100% OE, with no holes or cuts, if need be. For most people, they'd probably never think about it again; me, I'd never forget it. This car isn't going "race car" for at least 5 years... That's the deal I made with myself, and I very much plan to stick with it. Till then, no cuts, no holes, even if it's just a silly wire that's hidden. It's a damn sickness, for sure. For example, I scratched one of the bits behind the bumper, that you don't use afterwards, while installing my oil cooler. I bought a new one just to sit on the shelf, "just in case". It's a mental problem, but it doesn't hurt anything other than my wallet, so far. It's a price I pay for my, sick, peace of mind.

Anyhow, I order enough parts, from 3 different suppliers, to make 30+ kits. Perhaps some people locally will want some to. I guess I could order some flashers and make entire plug and play kits, but I guess it wouldn't be worth my time. Now the wait begins.

Again, thanks, I know your trying to help and really do appreciate it. My mind just ain't "right" when it comes to this sort of thing...

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Till then, no cuts, no holes, even if it's just a silly wire that's hidden
What's your plan for something like your incoming Scrape Armor? that requires, gulp, holes to be drilled into the bottom of the bumper

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
What's your plan for something like your incoming Scrape Armor? that requires, gulp, holes to be drilled into the bottom of the bumper
I have a second, new, bumper already. It's got about 3 more weeks before I install it to be wrapped in PPF. I'm taking my time and letting the paint cure well/long enough, even after being "double baked", so as to minimize any risk of issues realated to the PPF install or future removal. After PPF, it'll be removed and kept for "special occasions".

I called 20+ paint shops and visited 6 before I decide which one was going to do the work. I feel the one I selected actually matched the paint better than the factory as far as metal to plastic matching.

Even then, this, track, bumper has full PPF, and will have the Scrape Armor installed.

Head Case 🤪

1 - 20 of 27 Posts