Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

I recently just bought a Focus RS this month and was ecstatic to join the club. I had a 2014 Fiesta ST and upgraded to a Black '17. Test drove the car, no problems at all. On the way home, I received the TC and ABS lights as well as a system alert for the Hill Assist, No Drive Modes AND AWD not being available. I did purchase an extended warranty on the car to ensure I could be covered, but it's quite alarming this is all coming out within 90 miles of owning the car. I don't know for sure, but it's possible the previous owner did tune it, so I don't know if it's worth me going over to the dealer and getting it looked at. I have read some of the suggestions to fix it, so I will do those first, but all help is appreciated.

Note: Car did sit for a couple weeks at the dealership.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm sure others will give you advice soon as I'm not expert on this. But, these situations are usually tide to the same fault.

I would suggest getting the battery checked, I've read that could cause electrical gremlins as the battery starts to decline in health.

Second one I've seen others mention would be wheel hub assembly, meaning the abs/esc wheels hub assemblies.

There could be other faults too, but these are the two common ones I've read. The exhaust valve fault happens occasionally to mine, but it is usually just a "drive mode unavailable" fault and nothing more.

Good luck.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yea; if the battery is at the 5 year mark or older; and it was mine; I'd replace it. Good luck, hope you get it sorted!

PS: Don't know as I like the way your bird is lookin' at me! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts