Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
So you're paying for less leather? What advantage does having those inserts give you?
The mico suede, or dynamica, or whatever, is a pretty nice material to the touch. I checked it out at NAIAS and it felt just like my Taurus SHOs seats. The downside is (IMO) the suede material wears faster than traditional cloth.

·
Registered
196 Posts
For those that still can't see the difference!

EDIT: the part that I marked blue/suede on the RS2, might actually be Miko Dinamica as well, but from the image it looks like suede.
so here is what i'm not getting. I would call the RS2 seats Miko Dinamica seats with leather inserts not the other way around... i would never call these leather seats....

·
Registered
512 Posts
so here is what i'm not getting. I would call the RS2 seats Miko Dinamica seats with leather inserts not the other way around... i would never call these leather seats....
I would honestly say that Leather with Miko Dinamica inserts is exactly what they are. The base of the seat is leather, the insert parts are Mika and yeah, there's some suede thrown in too where the leather was on the RS1 but that's pretty picky.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It probably is a little lighter, but not a difference of significance I wouldn't imagine. I just meant it tends to be used in aggressive/sporty cars and I enjoy its use here. Also from a lot of different people I've heard the GT4 is one of if not the best driver's car on the market that's not a supercar. Did you get any driving time?
He was actually selling the car a few days after i met up with him (went back to a 911 with rear seats) and only had 12 miles he could put on the car before the truck picked it up. he took me for an 8 mile ride and saved the other 4 for his father in law. I didnt want to drive it being it was technically sold and i wouldnt want to mess up that transaction buy scratching the car or whatever. just tooooo nerve wracking. from the passenger seat it was pretty awesome. the interior was clean and functional. no real luxuries. a real drivers car for sure. gt4.jpg

·
Registered
512 Posts
He was actually selling the car a few days after i met up with him (went back to a 911 with rear seats) and only had 12 miles he could put on the car before the truck picked it up. he took me for an 8 mile ride and saved the other 4 for his father in law. I didnt want to drive it being it was technically sold and i wouldnt want to mess up that transaction buy scratching the car or whatever. just tooooo nerve wracking. from the passenger seat it was pretty awesome. the interior was clean and functional. no real luxuries. a real drivers car for sure. View attachment 3913
Beautiful car. Also noticed it's wearing the same rubber some of the RSs will be, amazing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Beautiful car. Also noticed it's wearing the same rubber some of the RSs will be, amazing.
he was shocked when i told him about the cup 2's. i just remembered those tires are one of the reasons he sold the car. he didnt want to have to heat to garage to keep the tires from cracking...

·
Registered
512 Posts
he was shocked when i told him about the cup 2's. i just remembered those tires are one of the reasons he sold the car. he didnt want to have to heat to garage to keep the tires from cracking...
Yeah, that's definitely a pain in the ass about them, especially for Canada. They certainly won't be my replacement tires (which will likely be the PSS... thanks Ford for making me buy what should be standard).

They are amazing performance tires, but definitely overkill for street use. Still happy to have them... mostly.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts