Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RS fans, I need some help!! I'm likely placing the order for my stealth gray AWD rocket. The challenge is the RS2 package. I don't feel that I need the Nav or the heated components of the RS2 package. But what about the seats??
Does anyone know, or have pics of, the REAL difference between the stock (partial Recaro leather) seats and the Recaro leather seats of the RS2 package? I know it's not the euro spec bucket. But is it mostly the leather, or is the seat substantially different?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
RS fans, I need some help!! I'm likely placing the order for my stealth gray AWD rocket. The challenge is the RS2 package. I don't feel that I need the Nav or the heated components of the RS2 package. But what about the seats??
Does anyone know, or have pics of, the REAL difference between the stock (partial Recaro leather) seats and the Recaro leather seats of the RS2 package? I know it's not the euro spec bucket. But is it mostly the leather, or is the seat substantially different?
Dude you live in the Northeast get the heated seats and steering.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Check the interior/seat thread, it shows the difference in RS1 vs RS2

Don't forget the package also includes heated rear view mirrors, a plus in cold-freezing conditions

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
My pic from the interior thread.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dinamica ( or whatever its called ) inserts is RS2

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Alright, I stand corrected. They couldn't tell me what the difference was when I ordered mine, only that they were leather and heated. I figured I was paying extra for more leather. I like the look of the RS2's more though. Still like the Euros the best.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Alright, I stand corrected. They couldn't tell me what the difference was when I ordered mine, only that they were leather and heated. I figured I was paying extra for more leather. I like the look of the RS2's more though. Still like the Euros the best.
I agree, The RS2 looks much more clean than RS1, But I would kill for the euro bucket seats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One of the main reasons I went RS2 was the lumbar support (an issue for some with the ST3 seats on long drives). My Mk2 ST had manual lumbar adjustment, and I used it.

The 8-way power seats also mention tilt. Not sure if this is actually base tilt, or if that's a typo and they're counting lumbar in/out as the only change over the 6-way manual seats.

I don't really care about heated seats/steering wheel or Nav (now that CarPlay support is official).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ah man I totally would've thought the #1 was the all leather and #2 was the partial :(
I really like the RS2's a lot more, but not sure if almost $3K more...
I'm with you. The Rs1's look like full leather while the 2's look like partial leather with cloth. Essentially that's what it is i guess. I am pretty disappointed that they don't appear to be even as nice ast the FoST ST3 seats. I had a lot of compliments on those seats. The best compliment was when i took it through a high end car wash and the owner happened to be working on the line and sat in the seat and he said he has been in many many cars and these are some of the best seats he has ever sat in. I trust that these seats should feel the same. I just wish they were clean black leather without the cloth inserts....

·
Registered
196 Posts
One of the main reasons I went RS2 was the lumbar support (an issue for some with the ST3 seats on long drives). My Mk2 ST had manual lumbar adjustment, and I used it.

The 8-way power seats also mention tilt. Not sure if this is actually base tilt, or if that's a typo and they're counting lumbar in/out as the only change over the 6-way manual seats.

I don't really care about heated seats/steering wheel or Nav (now that CarPlay support is official).
You don't care for the heated steering wheel?? I've always wanted one. Sometimes i drive with my knees because my hands are under my bum to try and get warm! And let me tell you driving with your knees and and trying to shift is not easy ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
You don't care for the heated steering wheel?? I've always wanted one. Sometimes i drive with my knees because my hands are under my bum to try and get warm! And let me tell you driving with your knees and and trying to shift is not easy ;)
My car lives outside, so when it dips below freezing (or I have snow/ice to clear) I'm wearing decent gloves. Not sure I like the idea of knee-steering 350PS, but you'll have enough low-end torque that you won't need to shift as much I guess :playful:

·
Registered
512 Posts
In Canada we obviously get the RS2 since we have no choice but a full spec'd car, but I'm very glad I'm not getting full leather seats. The Mica (basically Alcantara) is a great grippy and relatively comfy material, and is used in many highend lightweight sports/supercars. Full leather is great for luxury, but for aggressive driving I'll happily pass.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In Canada we obviously get the RS2 since we have no choice but a full spec'd car, but I'm very glad I'm not getting full leather seats. The Mica (basically Alcantara) is a great grippy and relatively comfy material, and is used in many highend lightweight sports/supercars. Full leather is great for luxury, but for aggressive driving I'll happily pass.
i hear ya. i was in my buddies Porsche Cayman GT4 a few weeks ago and it had the same sort of set up on the seats. I can bet behind the grippy statement (although i never had an issue with all leather) I know you didn't specifically say the cloth was lighter weight than the leather.. and that may be true. I just cant imagine it was a weight savings deal as much at it was a cost savings..

·
Registered
512 Posts
i hear ya. i was in my buddies Porsche Cayman GT4 a few weeks ago and it had the same sort of set up on the seats. I can bet behind the grippy statement (although i never had an issue with all leather) I know you didn't specifically say the cloth was lighter weight than the leather.. and that may be true. I just cant imagine it was a weight savings deal as much at it was a cost savings..
It probably is a little lighter, but not a difference of significance I wouldn't imagine. I just meant it tends to be used in aggressive/sporty cars and I enjoy its use here. Also from a lot of different people I've heard the GT4 is one of if not the best driver's car on the market that's not a supercar. Did you get any driving time?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wait so what exactly is the difference? Even the RS2 isn't full leather? So the only difference between the two is the Miko-dinamica insert in the RS2 package? (And the heated/power seat, obviously)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Wait so what exactly is the difference? Even the RS2 isn't full leather? So the only difference between the two is the Miko-dinamica insert in the RS2 package? (And the heated/power seat, obviously)
I believe so. Also on an aesthetic front, I hate the line pattern in the middle of the RS1 seats.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
For those that still can't see the difference!

EDIT: the part that I marked blue/suede on the RS2, might actually be Miko Dinamica as well, but from the image it looks like suede.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
13 Participants
Rewdan
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing