Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hmm I'm not too keen that they mentioned issues with getting power out of the engine a bunch of times in that clip. The MEB has already shown some pretty nice gains from just a tune so I wonder what issues they were having.

I almost spit my coffee out when he said "supercar territory" hahaha. No.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmm I'm not too keen that they mentioned issues with getting power out of the engine a bunch of times in that clip. The MEB has already shown some pretty nice gains from just a tune so I wonder what issues they were having.

I thought the same...maybe something with getting more power out without affecting emissions? Nail bitter for sure...I mean at stock power the car will be plenty of fun, but who doesn't want to do a few bolt ons and bump things up 50hp 50ftlbs or so... Hope this motor isn't wrung out completely

·
Registered
716 Posts

I too was wondering that. I don't claim to know much, but from watching all the ridiculous 300-400whp+ builds of cars done by people without millions in their budgets I wonder what sort of issues Ford ran into while trying to tune the engine.

·
Registered
317 Posts
And given all the other issues they mentioned, and all that about not releasing the car till ready, are we going to see some production delays?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
And given all the other issues they mentioned, and all that about not releasing the car till ready, are we going to see some production delays?
Keep in mind the timeline of this video was ~7 months ago, long before Ford put out any information to dealers to give to us. I think initially Ford intended to start production in November, but the delays put them at the January build 1 we're seeing now.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I saw a interesting fact, everyone has been asking about the FoST wheels fitting the RS. While watching the RS drift on the frozen lake in above #5, if you watch at 4:31 it appears to have the ST wheels on it. Check it out and give me your opinion.

They aren't the forged or the silver 18" that show up at 4:33

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I saw a interesting fact, everyone has been asking about the FoST wheels fitting the RS. While watching the RS drift on the frozen lake in above #5, if you watch at 4:31 it appears to have the ST wheels on it. Check it out and give me your opinion.

They aren't the forged or the silver 18" that show up at 4:33
You need to remember this video was made a long time ago, because it says "only 8 months till production". These might not be production wheels.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
892 Posts
You need to remember this video was made a long time ago, because it says "only 8 months till production". These might not be production wheels.

YMMV,

MidCow3
I believe @NZWINRZ was saying it was interesting because it was previously reported that ST wheels wouldn't clear the RS front calipers.

If that's the case, then as long as the brake setup on the RS in the video is the same as the production spec RS, then the ST wheels will fit.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I haven't read anywhere that the brakes were insufficient and had to be upgraded. I seriously doubt the test cars would be out there with less than optimum braking.

The wheels might not be ST but look like them, is there any other wheel that Ford offers in that design? Maybe in 18inch??

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

I'm wondering if that's when they called in the boys from Cosworth to do the head work.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think mountune bases their warranty friendly tunes on the octane recommended by the manufacturer. I'm guessing they have a test car in England so not sure what they are using.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I think mountune bases their warranty friendly tunes on the octane recommended by the manufacturer. I'm guessing they have a test car in England so not sure what they are using.
Yup, that's right, Mountune states that their performance figures for the MP275 are based on 93 Octane.

·
Super Moderator
15,336 Posts
Surprised no one has mentioned the MR300 setup. I was in between the MP275 and MR300 in my FoST. Had all of the Mountune parts but went with a more aggressive tuner, all on 93 octane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
16 Participants
Hoonigan
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing