Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

I recently purchased a 2017 RS and the previous owner removed the RS badge off the trunk and I would like to put it back. I’ve ordered a new badge but can anyone help me find a way to get it somewhere close to where it was from the factory? Is there an easy trick to this? It doesn’t need to be perfect, but any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Welcome aboard! Here’s what it looks like.
Its 2 1/2” down & 2 1/2” across from the yellow dots. The dots mark the edge of the hatch & the seam that runs across from the hatch opener.
Hope this helps.
Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha nice 😂 that does help! I’m not looking for super accuracy, just ball park. So this works perfectly!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Some people are too "debadge" happy. Removing the Focus badge looks good, but removing the RS badge... why? May as well remove the Ford oval on the front while you're at it and tell people you drive prototype car lol.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Haha nice 😂 that does help! I’m not looking for super accuracy, just ball park. So this works perfectly!
I agree with your, close enough, approach.
But I did wonder, why didn’t Ford just center the “Stinking Badges” between all that stuff.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
241 Posts
I'd never remove the RS badge, but that lame "Focus" script had to go. In Europe they don't even put it on there, I guess in the US people need to know the model name.

I like the Doug Demuro review where he counts how many places it say "RS" on the car.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,408 Posts
I'd never remove the RS badge, but that lame "Focus" script had to go. In Europe they don't even put it on there, I guess in the US people need to know the model name.

I like the Doug Demuro review where he counts how many places it say "RS" on the car.
This was the exact reason I had my detailer remove the Focus badge before ceramic coating it. But yeah... Not sure why anybody would remove the RS badge.

·
Registered
909 Posts
This was the exact reason I had my detailer remove the Focus badge before ceramic coating it. But yeah... Not sure why anybody would remove the RS badge.
:geek:Bro that things after the axle weight, mines been gone. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I found out a few weeks ago that mine was removed but not by my doing. I had the same close enough approach as OP. The best way is to look at pictures and estimate. The picture below is after my install.

Hope it helps as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
The ''close enough' approach sounds right,. I replaced mine because I didn't like the blue or chrome on my RR. I left a faint outline when I cleaned off the glue so I would get it exactly right, but from some angles it still looks off to me lol. Also got rid of the chrome script, which looked totally wrong on the car imo.
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine never had the “Focus” badge. I’m the original owner, and it had 24 miles or so when I took delivery (in Maryland). I always thought it was a bit odd.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Mine never had the “Focus” badge. I’m the original owner, and it had 24 miles or so when I took delivery (in Maryland). I always thought it was a bit odd.
Mystery solved...this chick stole it for a necklace.
Neck Sleeve Waist Thigh Trunk

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
The UK version didn't I believe, since they were all built in Germany, it was probably just an oversite on yours.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
The UK version didn't I believe, since they were all built in Germany, it was probably just an oversite on yours.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Thankfully we don't get them on ours either.
I would of removed it straight away if we did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts