Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 weeks ago I noticed the car had started dragging and the fuel economy sky rocketed. I inspected all my pads/rotors and replace with EBC red pads all around and new stop tech rotors all around thinking that was the issue. Got it back on the road today and it's still dragging its ass, when I got to work I felt the front rotors and they were cool, the rears were blazing hot to the touch, I'm fairly confident that the rear calipers are toast. any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
715 Posts
Sounds like it.

No change if you unhook the ebrake cable? Do you feel it dragging if you try to roll the car? How did the slide pins look?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I thought my rear calipers were hanging up, but the real issue was a corroded e-brake cable. Not releasing all the way.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
About 3 weeks ago I noticed the car had started dragging and the fuel economy sky rocketed. I inspected all my pads/rotors and replace with EBC red pads all around and new stop tech rotors all around thinking that was the issue. Got it back on the road today and it's still dragging its ass, when I got to work I felt the front rotors and they were cool, the rears were blazing hot to the touch, I'm fairly confident that the rear calipers are toast. any ideas? Thanks
BOTH rear caliper toast!!! whats the likelihood of that? I'd start with the Ebrake adjustment or function first.

Ciao

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like it.

No change if you unhook the ebrake cable? Do you feel it dragging if you try to roll the car? How did the slide pins look?
both sides of the car slide pins were in great shape, but when I changed out the pads/rotors on both sides all 4 pins were bone dry, lubed them up real nice then put them back in. Ford dealership replaced my entire e brake line and the issue still persists.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car rolls in neutral but not as much as it did before, pads aren't touching any of the rotors it sounds like. scratching my head over here

·
Registered
174 Posts
When the brakes are hanging up open one of the caliber bleed screws. If under some pressure, check backwards towards master cylinder for restriction or even a bad MC or ABS module. If not under pressure, check handbrake set up again, it must be releasing completely by allowing the lever to return to the stop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts