Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 2016 that I bought new almost exactly 4 years ago with 53k mi on it. I live in upstate NY and the salt they put on the road is terrible. I found this mark at the point where the rear bumper meets the quarter panel. Do you think this is worth fighting with the dealership to get repaired under warranty? It doesn't look too bad now but it will be pretty bad in two years after my warranty is up.

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
That’s rocks like debris damage while the added salt didn’t help the situation

fix it yourself

Reactions: 320icar

·
Registered
2016 RS
223 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a 2016 that I bought new almost exactly 4 years ago with 53k mi on it. I live in upstate NY and the salt they put on the road is terrible. I found this mark at the point where the rear bumper meets the quarter panel. Do you think this is worth fighting with the dealership to get repaired under warranty? It doesn't look too bad now but it will be pretty bad in two years after my warranty is up.
Same on mine, Same spot!!

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Happened on my ST and twice on the RS.

Fors bodyshop said they notice this mainly on ST and RS with their larger/lower rear valence and also said the gaps are too small and cause the paint to chip. They enlarged the gap at reassembly by sanding the bumper edge. Cant even tell they did and so far it held up.

Made the mistake to take it to another reputable shop the first time which didnt know our cars at all, they didnt have those tricks and it didnt even last one year. Ford covered both repairs, lucky it all happened before the 3 years warranty was over...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts