Ford Focus RS Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have about 24k miles on my RMM, and have recently been getting clunking under even medium shifts now. I raised the car, and it looks like the sleeve has separated from the bushing on the front piece (mounted to the engine) and now has some play. Is this possibly a defective part? I can include pics if needed.

·
Vendor
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I have about 24k miles on my RMM, and have recently been getting clunking under even medium shifts now. I raised the car, and it looks like the sleeve has separated from the bushing on the front piece (mounted to the engine) and now has some play. Is this possibly a defective part? I can include pics if needed.
Send some pics over. If you bought it new, it has a lifetime warranty, so you can send it in and we can re-pour the bushings!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Send some pics over. If you bought it new, it has a lifetime warranty, so you can send it in and we can re-pour the bushings!
Here are the pics. Is it possible to get a new on shipped and send this back in that box? It would be annoying to have to go back to stock, wait for the replacement, then install it a second time. It appears to be getting worse quickly, as the engine is starting to move a lot even on lower load shifts.
1.jpg
2.jpg

·
Vendor
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Here are the pics. Is it possible to get a new on shipped and send this back in that box? It would be annoying to have to go back to stock, wait for the replacement, then install it a second time. It appears to be getting worse quickly, as the engine is starting to move a lot even on lower load shifts.
View attachment 332848
View attachment 332850
Unfortunately that's not how our warranty works. Once you send it in, we will replace the bushings for you, and you will end up with basically a new mount. Send us an email to [email protected] and we can get this moving for you. From the time we receive the mount, to the time you get it back, usually takes about 2 weeks. We would be more than happy to take care of this for you! :)

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Is this part still available? 2017 RS i believe my rubber biscuit is in tatters and an OEM one is out of stock.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts