Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have one on my RS, and have found that the vibrations did in fact die down quite a lot over 1.5-2k miles or so. They're certainly not what I would consider bad now. Pretty rough at first.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Would love to hear some initial impressions from those who have purchased!
So I installed the rear engine mount with the recommended torque settings on the RS. All went pretty easily. The tie wraps on the hose clamps were removed and later replaced; a bit of a PITA. I was wondering if the increased engine vibrations (almost a "buzzy" sensation) is normal for the the increased rigidity of the bushings. It is particularly noticeable at normal take off and low RPM shifts.

Jacob
After 1500 miles, the vibrations have reduced but not nearly disappeared. It is still annoyingly "buzzy" at low rpm loads, e.g. normal engaging of clutch from a stop, mild acceleration from low rpm or deceleration by engine braking. I may end up removing it if it doesn't improve. I'm wondering if in choosing an 80 durometer bushing they used too stiff a material.
Just installed my mount this weekend. The NVH is significantly more especially from a stop. I am hoping the reduction is noticeable once its broken in. Wheel hop was completely eliminated though. Launch control was great! Now I just have wheel spin.
I have one on my RS, and have found that the vibrations did in fact die down quite a lot over 1.5-2k miles or so. They're certainly not what I would consider bad now. Pretty rough at first.
Ordered one as well this week. Looking forward to getting it installed. :)

Any updated long term usage reviews? (1500+ miles)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Any updated long term usage reviews? (1500+ miles)
Still a bit buzzy at take off but within acceptable limits after 2500 km. Or perhaps I've just grown used to it.

Reactions: Ecobeast

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
About 4k miles so far on mine. Yes, still buzzy at take-off, or at specific RPM (~750?). It's REALLY bad when you are idling with the AC on... That would be my biggest complaint and usually keeps me from running AC anywhere with lights/stop signs.

Reactions: Ecobeast

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks like my Boomba ST RMM won't fit the RS then huh? Was hoping it would, I love that mount.

Guess I'll have to sell it and buy one of these when the car comes in :)

·
Vendor
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Looks like my Boomba ST RMM won't fit the RS then huh? Was hoping it would, I love that mount.

Guess I'll have to sell it and buy one of these when the car comes in :)
Unfortunately due to some changes Ford made with the design of the mount on the RS, the pieces are not interchangeable.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts