Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Vendor
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Improve the driving dynamics of your RS, now!

2016+ Focus RS MK3 Rear Motor Mount

Features:

-Molded in polyurethane bushing
-Eliminates wheel hop
-Increases traction
-Eliminates “bang shift”
-Premium aircraft grade billet aluminum
-Reduces engine flex

These direct bolt-on mounts combine to replace the rear engine torque damper, significantly improving the vehicle’s traction and shifting response by reducing excessive engine flex. Wheel-hop during hard launches is also completely eliminated thanks to these mounts.

Boomba Racing mounts are machined from high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum for strength, durability and looks. Inside each mount you’ll also find solid polyurethane bushings with the rigidity carefully chosen to optimize vehicle stability while also minimizing excessive vibration transfer from the motor to the body.

Installation is simple, does not require engine support and utilizes all OEM hardware.

Available in your choice of color: Onyx Black, Royal Blue, Race Red, or Pure Aluminum

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Dang you releasing things right after I ordered stuff haha

Are you going to make all 3 mounts?

·
Vendor
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang you releasing things right after I ordered stuff haha

Are you going to make all 3 mounts?
Sorry about that! lol

Right now we only have plans to make a rear mount due to the fact how many vibrations are added if you do all 3.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
So how does this compare to the CP-e stage 2 mount? Seems to be the only competition though your price point is much nicer.

·
Vendor
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how does this compare to the CP-e stage 2 mount? Seems to be the only competition though your price point is much nicer.
The biggest difference is how our bushings are set-up vs the CPE piece. The CPE piece only has one bushing whereas our mount has two bushings. We use a poured in polyurethane bushing and all billet aluminum construction. The bushings in our mounts carry a lifetime warranty.

·
Vendor
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome. i watched the videos and it seems pretty great.
We've had great success with our motor mounts for years now! We've been doing this since the SRT-4 Neon days. Thousands of happy customers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We've had great success with our motor mounts for years now! We've been doing this since the SRT-4 Neon days. Thousands of happy customers.
Do you have any Canadian resellers who carry your mounts? I'm assuming I could order to Canada from your website but shipping + customs fees + exchange rate can be a ***** :(

·
Vendor
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have any Canadian resellers who carry your mounts? I'm assuming I could order to Canada from your website but shipping + customs fees + exchange rate can be a ***** :(
Check with Raptor Racing or Light Speed Innovations. They are both re-sellers of our products in Canada!

Nice!! It's on my "to buy" list.
Let us know if you've got any questions!

Adding this to my list for post holiday shopping
Sounds great!

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
The biggest difference is how our bushings are set-up vs the CPE piece. The CPE piece only has one bushing whereas our mount has two bushings. We use a poured in polyurethane bushing and all billet aluminum construction. The bushings in our mounts carry a lifetime warranty.
Durometer rating?

·
Vendor
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Two bushings is a product feature that differentiates your mount versus CPE. Please describe the benefits of two bushings versus one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Two bushings is a product feature that differentiates your mount versus CPE. Please describe the benefits of two bushings versus one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Having two bushings will actually help with vibrations. This gives more material for vibrations to be absorbed by rather than having them resonate through the mount and being directly transferred to your car.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Having two bushings will actually help with vibrations. This gives more material for vibrations to be absorbed by rather than having them resonate through the mount and being directly transferred to your car.
Beyond that point, I think the solid mount also raises concerns of continued wear elongating the mount hole which could cause some play in movement or added vibration. How long that would take is what to be known or even if.

I was surprised to seem them switch to a solid design for that half of the mount as a double bushing design would have seemed more logically given everyone's concerns over NVH.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Beyond that point, I think the solid mount also raises concerns of continued wear elongating the mount hole which could cause some play in movement or added vibration. How long that would take is what to be known or even if.

I was surprised to seem them switch to a solid design for that half of the mount as a double bushing design would have seemed more logically given everyone's concerns over NVH.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Makes sense.

·
Vendor
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would love to hear some initial impressions from those who have purchased!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
About this Discussion
91 Replies
18 Participants
Boomba Racing
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing