Ford Focus RS Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, and STi's push bad in stock form even when you use the DCCD to push more power to the rear. Careful what you which for. I think the RS is very throttle steerable especially in Drift Mode.
I had Subaru over 6 year and changed there only on rear swaybar bush. The car was used for it purpose :) (read not every day driving), it was used mostly for recce car and for track day's. I can say by my experience that car was very reliable.

About Ford RS I can say that I feel good about it. The AWD not so good but probably some third party will develop solution.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had Subaru over 6 year and changed there only on rear swaybar bush. The car was used for it purpose :) (read not every day driving), it was used mostly for recce car and for track day's. I can say by my experience that car was very reliable.

About Ford RS I can say that I feel good about it. The AWD not so good but probably some third party will develop solution.
I guess we'll agree to disagree, but my whole point is that while the RS's AWD system is more complex, I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. I prefer it to the STi system in that it's more flexible in making the car feel much different in the different drive modes. The Subaru system never feels very rear biased no matter how you set the center diff. The Subaru may launch harder (or it seems to IMO) for the first 30' as the RS shows it's FWD bias when the clutch is dropped with some front wheel spin. Yes, adding a rear bar to an STi will fix the push, but overall that car is not as throttle steerable in stock for as the RS is. Just my 2 cents. I just don't see someone making an aftermarket center and rear diff for the car. And even if they did, why would you spend another $5k (and that's being generous, probably $10k) to change the car like that? Just go trade the RS in on what you really want.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess we'll agree to disagree, but my whole point is that while the RS's AWD system is more complex, I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. I prefer it to the STi system in that it's more flexible in making the car feel much different in the different drive modes. The Subaru system never feels very rear biased no matter how you set the center diff. The Subaru may launch harder (or it seems to IMO) for the first 30' as the RS shows it's FWD bias when the clutch is dropped with some front wheel spin. Yes, adding a rear bar to an STi will fix the push, but overall that car is not as throttle steerable in stock for as the RS is. Just my 2 cents. I just don't see someone making an aftermarket center and rear diff for the car. And even if they did, why would you spend another $5k (and that's being generous, probably $10k) to change the car like that? Just go trade the RS in on what you really want.
You right ... as you pointed it IMO ... :) It all depends of driver and how driver can adapt with car. As I said before every car have his own good and bad things. But generally I am agree with you opinion.

Well ... I just have to wait more cold here then I can go to lake and try ice. Then I can say what are difference and what I prefer more. Is it Subaru, EVO or RS :)

Meanwhile I just can be agree with any one opinion :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well .. here is my promised feedback.
Today I got back my car. So far no problems at all. Dealership replaced rear RDU and module. Even in slippery road car handling well. No unexpected throws of direction. Even after COBB install no errors (as they were at first place).
So ... problem solved. Cause was bad RDU with bad module.

Reactions: Madokami
121 - 124 of 124 Posts