Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who's bought anything major in the past several years has been advised that there's a "how'd we do" questionnaire coming in a few days and that anything other than a max score is considered a failure and heads will roll. Given all the issues that most of us have experienced to one extent or another from the time the car was ordered until (hopefully) it was delivered, I'm having some trouble trying to reconcile my inclination to blister all of Ford on my survey with the possibility that heads may actually roll if I call it as I see it. This is all particularly troublesome to me because this is the first car I've ever pre-ordered, so I don't know what my expectations should be, and because this is the first time that Ford has imported a car that a great many of us have waited a long time to see in the Western Hemisphere - how much slack should they get for teething issues? I have no agenda - just would like some feedback on how y'all feel about your own experiences and how you might respond to the (usually very self-serving) questionnaire.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The survey is specific to the performance of your dealer and salesperson during the ordering and purchase process. If you had issues that were a result of things your dealer did or did not do, then you should certainly ding them in the survey. Just keep in mind that many of the issues we all experienced during the order/wait/purchase were due to Ford corporate, not the dealer. So, don't ding the dealer for stuff that Ford corporate did wrong. You'll be punishing the wrong guys if you do.

I gave my dealer/salesguy a perfect score. They didn't have a lot of info for me along the way but they were polite and they stuck to their promise to sell me a car at msrp.

·
Registered
433 Posts
^^ This. The delivery survey isn't a critique of the car or of Ford, but a critique of the people you directly bought it from. They ask you about the process and how they were at performing it, nothing about the initial quality of the car or how it holds up to Ford's marketing claims.

I'm right there with you that there is surely a bunch of things that Ford did poorly surrounding the RS, but honestly, par for the course. Ford did just as poorly delivering GT350s and they were built domestically. I think frustrations should be vented but they need to go through Ford's customer service arm and through third-party surveys from Forbes or JD Power.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was unhappy with the dealership when I bought my 2010 Raptor and gave the dealership low marks. Then I had Ford and the dealership calling me to make things right, it was kind of annoying. Now as long as the dealership didn't call my wife names I just mark the highest and move on.

·
Registered
356 Posts
This is all particularly troublesome to me because this is the first car I've ever pre-ordered, so I don't know what my expectations should be .
I know that one dealership around me (not Ford) has a very high standard for the survey. Like anything under a 9 is bad and I am glad they push for those ratings.

Be very specific. What did the dealer promise and what was not delivered? ADM, MSRP, Finance/Protection Plan/Warranty etc etc

My dealer told me he didn't know what the time frame was so I cant hold the delays against him. If they stuck to their word then they deserve a 10/10

·
Registered
848 Posts
The one thing I'm making sure to mention is how my dealer screwed me over when it came to getting the winter wheel/tire package. They never told me about it and when I found out about it I was already selected for scheduling.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The one thing I'm making sure to mention is how my dealer screwed me over when it came to getting the winter wheel/tire package. They never told me about it and when I found out about it I was already selected for scheduling.
What do you mean? It wasnt included in the package and you wanted it? Or it was included and didnt want it (if this is the case I know a few members here were looking to buy them)?

Did they provide you a list of options and/or you missed it or didn't ask for it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts