Ford Focus RS Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Try doing a "static misfire correction". Usually done with the dealer tool. There are no EMI issues with the install are there?

Ciao
Resolution: finally found a dealer who would look at the car. Misfires were fixed immediately with the misfire correction Phil mentions. That left the crank & cam position sensor codes. The shop says: "CKP not properly calibrated. Followed pin point test and realigned CKP sensor. Removed serpentine belts and pass side axle to access TDC port on crank. Rotated engine to TDC and aligned CKP sensor with the TDC tooth on crank pulley. Using Ford special tool and WSM specs, cleaned out oil from CPK connector." So there were no actual malfunctions, all the bits simply weren't cooperating. Runs great now, but what an ordeal getting to this point!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
IIRC Castrol EDGE is the standard oil change in the UK for the RS.
Yes, mine is forged fitted by performance ford dealer and they recommended and use Castrol Edge Supercar in mine each service.

This probably a "google it" question but at what point is a check valve/gutted pcv valve necessary?
If using mountune plate and fitting radium cans you’ll need to gut pcv and fit the radium pcv onto the catch can port

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Yes, mine is forged fitted by performance ford dealer and they recommended and use Castrol Edge Supercar in mine each service.

If using mountune plate and fitting radium cans you’ll need to gut pcv and fit the radium pcv onto the catch can port
Why?

Ciao

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Because the OEM pcv valve sucks and the radium valve is better
Better to buy radium plate too really
Oh I remember we've had this conversation before a while back. I disagree.

Ciao

·
Registered
47 Posts
es, mine is forged fitted by performance ford dealer and they recommended and use Castrol Edge Supercar in mine each service.
Did they make any comments about the sodium or calcium levels of the motor oil your using?
I keep hearing about the relation of LSPI and motor oil and am trying to make a decision, as to which motor oil to run for the 2022 racing season.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Did they make any comments about the sodium or calcium levels of the motor oil your using?
I keep hearing about the relation of LSPI and motor oil and am trying to make a decision, as to which motor oil to run for the 2022 racing season.
No, just that the recommended oil for forged engines is the Castrol Edge S

Reactions: Coyote Chaser
101 - 107 of 107 Posts