Ford Focus RS Forum banner

621 - 640 of 643 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I’m with you. Fighting police, is a little rich for my blood. I’m sure I’d have been in the crowd....the back of the crowd. (It’s called a “head start”)
I‘m in Pa., so Philly winning was just cause!!! After that game I wore a bandage on my right thumbnail, having bit it to the quick!
There are happy riots (sports), sad riots (racial), but I think you’re right, riots for pure entertainment, may be a thing of the past.
edit: I use riot as a ref. I wouldn’t call the Glen a riot. Hell of a rough party though.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't know, I like the joyous spontaneity of the Glen a bit more 😆

I'd also point out that that spirit of hell raising is alive and well, just look at Philly after that Eagles win, or Texas Tech after their NCAA win in 2019! Makes this old partier proud.

Sure do wish we could still have those car burnings we had at racetracks all over the place back in the day. The Bog, Snake Pit at Indy (I was there), Bathurst - back when things were a bit freer, and when culture and society wasn't as neutered. Watching a crowd of guys smash up and light a Camaro on fire was one of the more exciting moments of my life for sure. Wish it would make a comeback.
Nothing stopping you starting a bonfire now is there??
Just film it for us all to see!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think I might be a little offended that people think Temple of the Dog fans are that old.

Of course, I've barely been able to walk since I decided to give skateboarding a try this summer.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m with you. Fighting police, is a little rich for my blood. I’m sure I’d have been in the crowd....the back of the crowd. (It’s called a “head start”)
I‘m in Pa., so Philly winning was just cause!!! After that game I wore a bandage on my right thumbnail, having bit it to the quick!
There are happy riots (sports), sad riots (racial), but I think you’re right, riots for pure entertainment, may be a thing of the past.
edit: I use riot as a ref. I wouldn’t call the Glen a riot. Hell of a rough party though.
"Happy riots" I fully support. Nothin' wrong with a bit of celebratory destruction and mayhem every now and then! :) The Glen is a part of that tradition, as are sports wins and the like. 🤘

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts

Vegas Baby, it's 112 degrees. Been sweating like a mother.

I did not know Japan got relocated here:

621 - 640 of 643 Posts