Ford Focus RS Forum banner

601 - 620 of 643 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,252 Posts

Quite a few members will understand this.

Sadly, he bogarted on the opportunity to take the FoRS out for a ride. Guess his The Smoking Tire duties kept him from track time on Ford’s dime. I’ve kept his name tag for all of these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

Sadly, he bogarted on the opportunity to take the FoRS out for a ride. Guess his The Smoking Tire duties kept him from track time on Ford’s dime. I’ve kept his name tag for all of these years.

Haha, my friend sent me a pic of that. Must have been at the same session as you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts

ROFL, Tell me how you really feel.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I’m going to ask again...are there any Bogladyites in this forum?
The Statute of Limitation has expired. No one is going to judge (maybe they will, but who cares?)
Don’t expect me to believe , I’m the only Baby Boomer, that slammed Bud on a burning car in the Bog, lived to buy an RS, and join this forum.
Step up, and be recognized for the hoodlum you were!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m going to ask again...are there any Bogladyites in this forum?
The Statute of Limitation has expired. No one is going to judge (maybe they will, but who cares?)
Don’t expect me to believe , I’m the only Baby Boomer, that slammed Bud on a burning car in the Bog, lived to buy an RS, and join this forum.
Step up, and be recognized for the hoodlum you were!
Made an account to say that I have an uncle who always loved to tell us stories about The Bog! The Bog is easily the most rock n roll thing I've ever heard of, lmao. My uncle told all the guys in the family these wild stories about swinging axes into gas tanks and using molotovs to light some cars up. He was also there for that epic bus burn.

We come from a long line of party animals - my dad partook in similar hell raising at Ohio State in 2002 after they beat Michigan - he's similarly told all the guys in the family stories about that fun night, and all the cars they smashed up and burned - 20 flipped, 9 torched. Kids don't party like that these days.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
The European press dubbed The Bog, “The rowdiest place on earth”
Glad to hear you’re blessed with a “crazy uncle”! Your Dad is frosting on the cake!
I‘ve slowed down ( an occasional flair up should be expected) but it’s kinda hard to un-rock & roll yourself!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
200 MPH yard art in farm country! “Egg Money” View attachment 342452
Wow that's really cool!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
The European press dubbed The Bog, “The rowdiest place on earth”
Glad to hear you’re blessed with a “crazy uncle”! Your Dad is frosting on the cake!
I‘ve slowed down ( an occasional flair up should be expected) but it’s kinda hard to un-rock & roll yourself!!!
You guys are amateurs,seriously, that looks like a school girls 16th Birthday party. No Police force in full riot gear (the legendary NSW squad 21 thugs) staunchly defending their permanently built wire fenced headquarters in the centre of the 40 acre camping ground on Mount Panorama from drunken but happy spectators and campers hurling beer cans at them and baiting them until they charged at the crowd. Burning cars and bikes, donut rings and rev till it blows competitions. The Bathurst Easter bike meeting NSW Australia 1983. The October long weekend car races every year were a lot more rowdy though.
Ciao

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
You guys are amateurs,seriously, that looks like a school girls 16th Birthday party. No Police force in full riot gear (the legendary NSW squad 21 thugs) staunchly defending their permanently built wire fenced headquarters in the centre of the 40 acre camping ground on Mount Panorama from drunken but happy spectators and campers hurling beer cans at them and baiting them until they charged at the crowd. Burning cars and bikes, donut rings and rev till it blows competitions. The Bathurst Easter bike meeting NSW Australia 1983. The October long weekend car races every year were a lot more rowdy though.
Ciao
Bravo! Sounds like the real deal! I’ve never seen a rev till she blows comp.
These photos, as you see, are afternoon. The real craziness was after dark. The cops would charge as you describe. Capture a few, fall back, until you relaxed. My favorite was yelling “the other side sucks” which would lead to a rock, fight between several hundred close friends!
In the end years, the cops were in full riot garb, but mostly just farm boy deputy’s with nite sticks.
They had a staging area for processing prisoners before transport downtown to court. It was an old farm house. They lined the interior with chain link fence. It was a great job, and did work on your head! I was invited there two years in a row. They typically charged you with 1st degree loitering, $20 and you were on your way. The problem was the entire process could take 12 hrs., yawn!
Edit: No bikes! They banned them sometime, late ‘60s (?) Bad element! They are banned to this day! There are several bike parking areas well away from the women and children.
Many years ago there were talks of bike races, but it never materialized. Better to fail than deal with those sicko, psycho, cycle types!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Bravo! Sounds like the real deal! I’ve never seen a rev till she blows comp.
These photos, as you see, are afternoon. The real craziness was after dark. The cops would charge as you describe. Capture a few, fall back, until you relaxed. My favorite was yelling “the other side sucks” which would lead to a rock, fight between several hundred close friends!
In the end years, the cops were in full riot garb, but mostly just farm boy deputy’s with nite sticks.
They had a staging area for processing prisoners before transport downtown to court. It was an old farm house. They lined the interior with chain link fence. It was a great job, and did work on your head! I was invited there two years in a row. They typically charged you with 1st degree loitering, $20 and you were on your way. The problem was the entire process could take 12 hrs., yawn!
Edit: No bikes! They banned them sometime, late ‘60s (?) Bad element! They are banned to this day! There are several bike parking areas well away from the women and children.
Many years ago there were talks of bike races, but it never materialized. Better to fail than deal with those sicko, psycho, cycle types!
Sounds like fun, I was honestly always a spectator to these events. It was just drunken fun to those involved but the Riot Squad seemed to think it was the end of the world as we know it and acted as if it were. The less amusing part was Sunday morning when the cops went on a revenge bashing tour of the campground. My brother in law and a mate of his were attacked just hanging around. My friend never worked again from the head injuries received/ After about 6 years he received an apology from the NSW Police and a large wad of compensation cash.
The sickening part was all these cops in the next weeks appearing on trash TV shows sooking about the trauma they'd suffered on the mountain and how their lives were ruined...spare me.
Everyone was impressed with the guy that set fire to his brand new Yamaha Turbo and let it burn to the ground talking about what Jap Crap it was. Turned out he'd hired it:)
Rev it till it blows is exactly what it sound like. Surprisingly its harder than you think to blow an engine this way, I know I've tried it, lol.

Ciao

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Remembering the Bathurst riots of the ’80s Remembering the Bathurst riots of the ’80s
Excellent, thanks for the memories.
Quote "Another, with a blood-alcohol level of .15, was riding his bike with nine pillions, weaving through the crowd before crashing into a group of police. Three of the people on the bike, including the rider, were naked". Ha, priceless.
All just young blokes having a good timeand letting off steam at the biggest bike meating of the year. Sure beats the hell out of the politically correct bullshit we have to endure today esp from dour looking senior Police officers on the news every other night lecturing everyone on the heinous crime of doing 5 klm over the speed limit.
The "gen Ys" dont know what they've lost.

Ciao

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I bow in homage!!
The Glen was more a huge bar scene, vs people fighting cops.
I’m now changing the Glen’s status to, “the 2nd rowdiest place on earth!”
I‘ll definitely forward the news report to my “accomplices“
While reading it, my wife came in to see what was so hysterically funny!
I’m glad we all lived through our misguided youth! (so we can race around in RSs)

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Apparently, the suits in the meeting that banned bikes at the Glen were on to something.
Also, in the states, if you referred to a Pagan as a ”bikie”...he would stab you in the throat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bow in homage!!
The Glen was more a huge bar scene, vs people fighting cops.
I’m now changing the Glen’s status to, “the 2nd rowdiest place on earth!”
I‘ll definitely forward the news report to my “accomplices“
While reading it, my wife came in to see what was so hysterically funny!
I’m glad we all lived through our misguided youth! (so we can race around in RSs)
I don't know, I like the joyous spontaneity of the Glen a bit more 😆

I'd also point out that that spirit of hell raising is alive and well, just look at Philly after that Eagles win, or Texas Tech after their NCAA win in 2019! Makes this old partier proud.

Sure do wish we could still have those car burnings we had at racetracks all over the place back in the day. The Bog, Snake Pit at Indy (I was there), Bathurst - back when things were a bit freer, and when culture and society wasn't as neutered. Watching a crowd of guys smash up and light a Camaro on fire was one of the more exciting moments of my young life for sure. But it's all a secret. Will never tell my wife what went down at those places.

601 - 620 of 643 Posts