Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else find it super annoying that the small rectangular rubber pad on the driver's side floor mat is completely useless? The position most people place their feet in to drive makes it completely useless. I assume it is there to protect the mat from heel indentions and wear during use but for me at least it does absolutely no good. When I drive, my heels sit a good 2" behind the rubber pad.

I'm only at 2,000 miles and my floor mat is already starting to show signs of wear in the spot where my heels rest.

Anybody else find this to be extremely annoying, or am I alone here? lol

·
Registered
965 Posts
I find it annoying when my clutch heel gets wedged there after depressing. My Maxliner did this the most, my Maxpider does it much less. I may go get the WeatherTechs later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I will likely be picking up some WeatherTechs as well. I was bummed that my Maxpider's from ST didn't fit (they didn't have the two retention clips on the passenger side).

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yeah, get some after market ones. I'm using the Weather Tech's from my ST. Only one side will snap down of the driver side and no snap down on the passenger side - but neither is an issue for me. I did read on the forum that they are now making RS specific Weather Tech's.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yeah, I will likely be picking up some WeatherTechs as well. I was bummed that my Maxpider's from ST didn't fit (they didn't have the two retention clips on the passenger side).
Many have said the Maxpider's will still stay put even without using the posts. Even then you can order some Ford fittings off ebay and drill 2 holes in the passenger one. Thats what I'm doing.

Reactions: Si2RS

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,275 Posts
Many have said the Maxpider's will still stay put even without using the posts. Even then you can order some Ford fittings off ebay and drill 2 holes in the passenger one. Thats what I'm doing.
Doing the same here. :joyous: Already got the mats. Just waiting for my RS to clear the modcenter.

Reactions: Cheapo911
1 - 7 of 7 Posts