Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a set of rear rally window vents and wondering if they’re worth it? Obviously I can just roll my window down each time I drive but I’d like to not worry about it but keep the same airflow.
Looking at what some of you have to say from a long term use as well as conditions like rain and snow too.
If you do recommend them what brand? I’ve only found a few in my search

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
To be completely honest? I know they do serve a purpose and actual rally cars have something similar, but I find em kinda tacky.

I guess get ones that at least have a screen on em to keep any critters and maybe some rain/moisture out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have Billetworkz window vents with no mesh. Honestly, they spend more time not installed then installed. To install them is not as simple as rolling down the window, putting them in place then rolling window back up. It takes some finagling. The way they are designed is to sit on top of the glass which in my case is scratching / causingthe window tint on my rear windows to peel up on the very tops of the windows. But if you're still interested after all that then get them. They do look really cool when installed and provide some airflow while driving and are not loud or annoying at high speeds.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It takes about 10 minutes to fit some come with a window protectors the set I purchased did it’s like a rubber channel that sits on the window and stops it being marked.
They do spend more time off the car than on, but they are a bonus on hot track days giving the cabin good airflow.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
To be completely honest? I know they do serve a purpose and actual rally cars have something similar, but I find em kinda tacky.

I guess get ones that at least have a screen on em to keep any critters and maybe some rain/moisture out.
Yes, there is the "trying a bit too hard" perspective to consider. Bit like rally mudflaps, but they are at least highly functional. These though are a fair weather fit. Dont think I could be bothered myself with a fair weather aesthetic.

Ciao

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I changed my mind, I am interested. I’d like a set of plastic ones though not metal. It was suggested to look at rebel devil customs but I can’t find it anywhere on the website

·
Registered
249 Posts
try ebay

Or

1 - 10 of 10 Posts