Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaning towards trading my 2013 VW Golf TDi in after the latest VW fiasco, and right now the RS has my attention. I came across this site researching the 2016 RS. I currently own a 1991 GMC Syclone and a 2013 VW Golf TDi. After the latest VW fiasco..I'm seriously considering trading it in and picking up a RS. I started talking to one of the local ford dealers today, and he stated his dealership has 5 allocations for the RS and will begin ordering on 12 October. I told him I'd be willing to pay MSRP but he stated his dealership normally sells SVT vehicles at fair market value. (His exact words)....aka a markup price.

Does anyone really buy into the markup ploy? I'm not so **** bent on trading the golf, so I'm not going in as I must have the RS...but I definitely would like to own it...at the right price.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sy_Guy, my suggestion would be to configure your RS. Give the dealer a hardcopy of what you want (with your name and phone number) and the price you are willing to pay, say a few hundred dollars under MSRP, and if the dealer balks, tell the dealer to call you if there is a change of heart and walk out. (You could repeat this at other dealerships.) Of course, if the dealer agrees to MSRP and that is what you are shooting for, take the offer.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sy_Guy, my suggestion would be to configure your RS. Give the dealer a hardcopy of what you want (with your name and phone number) and the price you are willing to pay, say a few hundred dollars under MSRP, and if the dealer balks, tell the dealer to call you if there is a change of heart and walk out. (You could repeat this at other dealerships.) Of course, if the dealer agrees to MSRP and that is what you are shooting for, take the offer.
I found one local dealership who via email sad he would order and sell at MSRP....that's a good sign

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
ControlNode
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing