Ford Focus RS Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
@its_awd I have to do with with a cold engine, is that correct?

I know when engine is cold there is less risk of coolant blowing onto my face. Thanks so much for clarifying, I'll do this today!
For the steps 13-15 that I repeated, I started with a cold engine. For the later steps where you dont remove the cap, the engine was good and warm from repeating the earlier steps several times. Hope it works for you!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Yesterday morning, I performed steps 13-15 multiple times, starting with a cold engine.

I performed steps 13-15 about 10 times. After about 8 times the engine was at full operating temperature and I noticed the thermostat opening (temps would rise up to 188F, hold for a few seconds, and then will drop down into the 170Fs).

I first ensured coolant level in the tank read about 1/4 on the sight tube. (Cold engine)

I opened the cap each cycle, no matter the coolant level. Each time I opened the cap, a bit of air bled out. There seemed to be a noticably more amount of air and gurgling during the first couple cycles, and only a wee bit of air (no gurgling) toward the warmer cycles.

The level of coolant in the expansion tank never lowered. The level kept rising and rising, slowly as the engine reached operating temperature. By the end of the procedure, the coolant level was about 6/7ths up the sight tube. :)

I continued onto further steps in the procedure and coolant level did not change.

I went and drove and hit good boost a few times and don't see any leakages. I did not do any "data logging".

--

This morning, I checked the coolant level and it seemed to have dropped to 3/7ths. Seems normal for a cool engine at this point.

I'll update when I perform some "data logging" this weekend.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Thank christ for that, was getting frustrated here, from your lack of success

Reactions: spoon
61 - 63 of 63 Posts