Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to go exploring that QA site with the pricing leak. Found that there are RS pictures with the race red, tangerine scream, and a few other ST color codes. I put the red one on this image for fun.

Could be that the list of colors we know of are only for the European version. Their ST only had Red, White, Black, And Silver. Maybe their RS is only Blue, White, Black and Gray, but just like with the ST, we get some more colors.

red-1.jpg ts-1.jpg

·
Registered
222 Posts
Would you people quit posting rumors and BS as FACTS! Sheesh Ford has announced the FOUR colors coming to the US. Could this list change slightly, YES, but this Hope.jpg

doesn't change anything. Have you ever heard of Photoshop? :mad:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you people quit posting rumors and BS as FACTS! Sheesh Ford has announced the FOUR colors coming to the US. Could this list change slightly, YES, but this doesn't change anything. Have you ever heard of Photoshop? :mad:
Where did Ford post colors for the US?

http://wwwqa.build.ford.com/dig/Ford/Focus/2016/BP3TT-FULL-EXT/Image[%7CFord%7CFocus%7C2016%7C1%7C1.%7C600A.P3T..PQ..88N.HAT.64U.PLR.44V.RS.89W.]/EXT/3/vehicle.png

Color code for race red is PQ. Ty the LP for tangerine scream.

L1, YQ, LH, and most the others dont work.

2014 Ford Focus Colors of Touch Up Paint

·
Registered
222 Posts

http://wwwqa.build.ford.com/dig/Ford/Focus/2016/BP3TT-FULL-EXT/Image[%7CFord%7CFocus%7C2016%7C1%7C1.%7C600A.P3T..PQ..88N.HAT.64U.PLR.44V.RS.89W.]/EXT/3/vehicle.png

The information is out there, quoted by Ford.
Four colors will be available when the Focus RS goes on sale in the spring of 2016. These include Nitrous Blue, as seen on this car, along with Frozen White, Stealth Grey, and Shadow Black. Three of these four colors will be available only on the RS. No matter which color you choose, the Brembo brake calipers will also come in a Ford-friendly shade of bright blue.
It was announced at the Carlisle Show in New York by Ford executives. But you're free to believe whatever you want.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Red looks better than I thought.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

Your link doesn't seem to work. Ford did originally say the four colors, but who knows, they probably monitor forums and could have seen the disappointment with the 4.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
15,320 Posts
Why? It's time for something COMPLETELY different.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bad Executive Color Selection for RS

It was announced at the Carlisle Show in New York by Ford executives. But you're free to believe whatever you want.
Yes, unfortunately you are correct about the four colors the Ford executives announced. It is a sad day when they let executives try to make good color choices! As shown by their results, they failed miserably!

What were they thinking .... let's pick the plainest colors we can, white and black, so we won't offend ANY country, then throw in a primer gray. And for our speciial, baby bird blue, because everyone, everywhere love baby robin blue eggs. ARRG! :mad:

You have to ask yourself how come ALL other Ford Performance Vehicles don't have the RS's terrible color restrictions? :confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ohhh a TS RS would make me happy in pants!!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts

This is the first I heard 3 out of the 4 colors are unique for the RS.

Is Black the on that is not only for the RS?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Part of the reason I'm holding out for the second model year of the RS is in hopes of a TS or that sexy RS green. I'm not a dull color fan at all. Nice flashy colors or gtfo LOL

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Ford definitely said and says on their website that only 4 colors are available. I too would like a Race Red and a different blue color choice, but Tux is completely correct.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Go back and re-read post #8
As Whitney Houston said, "Crack is wack."

One quote (Post 6) says 3 are unique to the RS, other quote (Post 8) Says only the blue will be unique.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
222 Posts
As Whitney Houston said, "Crack is wack."

One quote (Post 6) says 3 are unique to the RS, other quote (Post 8) Says only the blue will be unique.

Am I missing something?
Yeah I see what you mean, I should have been more specific. The info from post #6 was paraphrased by a reporter/writer from what they were told in March at the Carlisle Nationals in PA and he got it wrong. (what was actually said is shown in this post on FordRSNation Interview With Team RS)

The information in post #8 is the most up-to-date "official" information, and is taken from the current Ford media website that I linked to.

I apologize for not making it more clear in my earlier posts.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
24 Participants
Hoonigan
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing