Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. I have a 2017 Focus RS that I bought in October 2018 new. I previously had a WRX that had a lot of work done on it but wasn't reliable and was looking for a manual all season car that I can put a lot of miles on. I like the packaging of the Focus and ended up getting one brand new that had been sitting on the dealer's lot for a while. Always enjoyed driving the car but never fell in love with it. It just seemed to fall flat at higher rpm's and high throttle input. Never drove the car in 6th gear because it had no power. Well, I was driving my car last week in traffic when the car started sputtering and the engine shut off. Got it towed to the dealer where they told me they would replace the purge valve for no cost since it was covered under a service advisory. Got the car back and the car was transformed. It is now as fast as I had always hoped it would be. It no longer falls flat and I can put the car in 6th gear at 50mph on the highway and keep it there.
So, after driving the car for almost a year and a half and putting almost 33k miles on the car, I finally have the car I thought I was buying.
I am alternating between pissed off due to driving a broken car for over a year and happy that it is now as fast as I thought it would be.
What would you do now?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Interesting that the car never threw a CEL from the failing/failed purge valve. Do you happen to know the service advisory reference number?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I'm surprised that you didn't take the car in earlier for the issues. Glad that it's fixed, and that the dealer seemingly gave you little trouble.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting that the car never threw a CEL from the failing/failed purge valve. Do you happen to know the service advisory reference number?
Unfortunately I don't. I threw a CEL earlier in the week and was going to bring the car in on Saturday but car died before I could bring it in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm surprised that you didn't take the car in earlier for the issues. Glad that it's fixed, and that the dealer seemingly gave you little trouble.
I mentioned that the car wasn't as fast as I expected and didn't have the top end when I brought the car in for routine service but since I didn't have a baseline to know how the car SHOULD drive, I didn't know it was a problem. Now, after having it fixed, I understand how the car should drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts