Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i just moved to the US in April so hopefully if all goes right the Focus RS will be my first car here in the US

Some questions.

1. I called Ford San Leandro and they told me to expect delivery sometime in March if i made the order sometime this month
2. I read a few threads about Dealer "ALLOCATION"? What does that mean?
3. Any know of any Ford showrooms in the bay area/SF that has a Ford Focus RS on display?
4. Anything i should look out for or ask when making a purchase?

Thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
Allocations are guaranteed RS's a dealer will get. My dealer has 2 allocations, I get the first one.

None are in showrooms yet, just at the big car shows.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello guys, i just moved to the US in April so hopefully if all goes right the Focus RS will be my first car here in the US
Welcome!

Ordering a Focus RS right now (at least in the US) is a bit of a waiting game. You need patience and plan to camp out until at least Spring next year.

This is currently the process:
(1) find dealer who claims they have an allocation
(2) place your order and obtain VOC.
(3) feed order no. / dealer code (from VOC) to Nick (@FordService) and mboles2 and gang on this site.
(4) WAIT

you could choose to skip (3) and hang out in (4) until mid-late Spring, unless you're OCD like most of us here.

Pitfalls
=====
(1) Initial batch of cars will be built for dealers that have been given allocations
(2) allocations are given to dealers and we have no way to validate their claims that they even have one.

Good news
=======
If you don't mind waiting you'll eventually get one. Once the allocations have been used up Ford has claimed they will be able to met demand for the car.

Go through the stickies here for the excruciating details...
Focus RS Purchasing

Cheers,
Rick

·
Registered
150 Posts

Some questions.

1. I called Ford San Leandro and they told me to expect delivery sometime in March if i made the order sometime this month
2. I read a few threads about Dealer "ALLOCATION"? What does that mean?
3. Any know of any Ford showrooms in the bay area/SF that has a Ford Focus RS on display?
4. Anything i should look out for or ask when making a purchase?

Thanks
Welcome to the forum, asanthadenz! My name's Nick, the local Ford Service Rep. Because the 2016 Focus RS is a limited run, the guaranteed built orders have been broken up and spread throughout dealerships across the U.S. - these orders are referred to as allocations. I recommend speaking with the Sales Manager at your dealership to confirm they have allocation left, and if they don't, I recommend reaching out to dealerships around your state to see if you can locate a dealer that does. Once you've placed an order, feel free to send over a PM with your order number and dealer code, and I'll provide you with order status updates along the way. :)

... (3) feed order no. / dealer code (from VOC) to Nick (@FordService) and mboles2 and gang on this site.
Thanks for pointing asanthadenz my way, reitmr! :)

Nick

·
Registered
653 Posts
Expect to pay above MSRP in the bay area...

I hunted around and the lowest mark up I found was 5k, some places where saying 12k... in the grand scheme of things I suppose 5k isn't that bad for our region (There is a Golf R at serramonte VW with a 10k mark up, and the RS is going to slaughter that car).

I just placed my order today on the last allocation at my dealer (towne ford, the 5k mark up location). Now, dealerships being dealerships, they could be pulling my chain on their 3 allocations (they said 2 are spoken for and I got the last), they may have more and just wanted to me to make a move... could be worth calling to find out.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just placed my order today on the last allocation at my dealer (towne ford, the 5k mark up location). Now, dealerships being dealerships, they could be pulling my chain on their 3 allocations (they said 2 are spoken for and I got the last), they may have more and just wanted to me to make a move... could be worth calling to find out.

Best of luck!
Congrats on the order!

3 was the number they gave me in Oct prior to order bank opening but at that time they were all spoken for and had a waiting list. Either someone canceled and the waiting list drained or they got more. I talked to their internet sales manager (can't recall the name now) but he was prompt, polite and efficient, one of my better experiences during the 'RS-ordering-adventure'.

Good luck and may patience be with you!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Congrats on the order!

3 was the number they gave me in Oct prior to order bank opening but at that time they were all spoken for and had a waiting list. Either someone canceled and the waiting list drained or they got more. I talked to their internet sales manager (can't recall the name now) but he was prompt, polite and efficient, one of my better experiences during the 'RS-ordering-adventure'.

Good luck and may patience be with you!
Yeah, I bought my first new new car from them in October (2016 Fiesta ST) and had a really great experience with their sales department, I worked with John, very down to earth and never felt pressured or tricked. Just trying to track down a dealer that is willing to work at MSRP now, I'd love to keep my order with Towne but I feel like I need some ammunition to get them to move on their 5k markup (and I don't know if they'll move even then, I'd like to think a sale is a sale is a sale, but if they can get 5k over which it seems they are having no problem with, then that may not move regardless :( )

·
Registered
653 Posts
After a lot of calls and a little bit of a drive I have a new allocation order at 1500 ADM, down from the 5k ADM at Towne. I really wish Towne had been willing to work with me because I enjoyed my experience, but 3500 dollars is no small deal and the move had to be made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
StevenP
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing