Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited a small, family-owned dealer last week that has done a lot of business with my employer and friends. I got a good vibe and was told that they likely had an allocation of one RS. They had an ST on the lot and apparently they've sold a few of them. The sales person was polite but clueless, but the sales manager knew everything about the RS, which I took as a good sign.

I phoned for an update today and they told me I needed to put down a deposit of $500. I dropped by the dealership and the manager and owner showed me one RS in their system, so I put down the deposit. Apparently I'm the first to place an order there. Price will be MSRP. No order number yet though and I got a sense that they still aren't 100% sure they'll be able to come through..... It was sort of a "we'll do what we can, but don't expect miracles."

Fingers crossed.... I'm not too confident I'm gonna see my RS, but I figure I have a shot?

What should be my next steps? Suggestions on how long I should wait for a follow-up?

When I purchased my Fiesta Ecoboost a couple of years ago (another new model with limited US production), I had trouble getting one then (different dealer). After 4 months, they found one that had different options from what I had ordered and it suddenly showed up. I never did understand the process then or now. Dealers seem to prefer to keep it a secret.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I placed an order with a really sound dealer. He was a straight shooter. He basically said because he is a large volume dealer of Focus vehicles he would have his rep do everything she could to make sure my order was pulled. I placed the order at MSRP to my specs. That was over two months ago. Before then I contacted 24 dealers in hopes off securing an allocation, with no luck or high ADM. After spending time on this forum....I figured I would try again in December to secure an allocation somewhere for a stronger guarantee of it being produced. After I contacted 13 more dealers with no luck....I tapped out. I have moved on...but not enough to check in to see where things are at with order status'. Just not worried about things.

So the best advice I can give you is to know if you have an allocation its a matter of time and if not then either secure an allocation or wait and see if the pull your non allocated order. The hard part is knowing others will have their car and you may never have one. Iff you can accept that...then sit back and see where things go.

No need to follow up....you will attain better and more frequent information here then your dealer will provide...but assume your dealer will let you know as soon as they know. Conscious competence -- you only know what you know and so does everyone else.

Lastly, there are awesome members on here that keep us in check and up to date....so stop in every now and then and sit a spell, observe some...and every now and then laugh and share a story. Life will go on with or without the RS.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I think you nailed my thinking on this. I've reached a point in my life where I'm more patient and ready to deal with the consequences, whatever they are.

That doesn't stop me from staring at RS pics and scouring the web waiting for the first reviews....

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I visited a small, family-owned dealer last week that has done a lot of business with my employer and friends. I got a good vibe and was told that they likely had an allocation of one RS. They had an ST on the lot and apparently they've sold a few of them. The sales person was polite but clueless, but the sales manager knew everything about the RS, which I took as a good sign.

I phoned for an update today and they told me I needed to put down a deposit of $500. I dropped by the dealership and the manager and owner showed me one RS in their system, so I put down the deposit. Apparently I'm the first to place an order there. Price will be MSRP. No order number yet though and I got a sense that they still aren't 100% sure they'll be able to come through..... It was sort of a "we'll do what we can, but don't expect miracles."

Fingers crossed.... I'm not too confident I'm gonna see my RS, but I figure I have a shot?

What should be my next steps? Suggestions on how long I should wait for a follow-up?

When I purchased my Fiesta Ecoboost a couple of years ago (another new model with limited US production), I had trouble getting one then (different dealer). After 4 months, they found one that had different options from what I had ordered and it suddenly showed up. I never did understand the process then or now. Dealers seem to prefer to keep it a secret.
Good Luck Man, keep the faith, you are gonna get an RS! Congratulations :cool:

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Thanks. I think you nailed my thinking on this. I've reached a point in my life where I'm more patient and ready to deal with the consequences, whatever they are.

That doesn't stop me from staring at RS pics and scouring the web waiting for the first reviews....
No prob. Just find out your status and then keep on top of it. For example, when the 14th rolls around and my order hasn't been moved to selected for scheduling, I'm gonna go have some face to face time and re-confirm they have an allocated unit. The biggest reason I think why mine hasn't been picked up already is the fact they're a smaller dealer in the middle of nowhere... Army life, haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts