Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Just bought a 2015 Focus ST ST3 for my daughter and when I did I also inquired about the RS with the general manager of the dealership. After explaining to him my desire to buy the ST for my daughter and then also wanting to buy the RS as soon as it comes in, we made a deal on BOTH CARS!!!!

Here is the deal we made:

I got the ST for a FANTASTIC $25,400 fully loaded with extended warranty of 6/100 along with FORD's Primium Extended Care and Maintenace package out the door for $28,900!

So then we discussed the RS! HERE IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING FOR EVERYONE ON HERE!!!!! The GM told me that FORD has told ALL dealers that they ARE NOT allowed to take deposits on the RS!!!!!! The RS WILL BE A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED/SOLD vehicle!!!!

So you ask how then did I make a deal then? Well I will tell you. Because I just bought the ST (CASH, which is why this deal is working for me) the GM knew I was a serious buyer for the RS. So they are calling me when they get the call that the car(s) are on the truck for delivery to their dealer. That way I can be at the dealer when the cars arrive before anyone else and I can therefore be the first buyer.

SOOOOOO....... Sorry for the bad news about no deposits for everyone. BUT.... I hope I at least have given everyone some ideas/help in knowing how to go about being a potenial first RS buyer!!!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
No deposits yet.... People will be making deposits to place orders, I guarentee it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I call BS! You mean to tell me no one could spec what they wanted would just be whatever was on truck........... RIGHT How about you come over and buy this land I have with waterfront views? PS I may know someone that has a deposit on one!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
that is not the way buying a car works, but if that's what they told you it must be true even though we have a board full of rabid enthusiasts that would dare to disagree.
I fully expect to order the car optioned as I want and then wait as its being built and shipped over. they may match my desired car with one already being built to that spec, but no way does the car need to be in the parking lot to sell it. once they have a vin its game on.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
How did the kool-aid taste? Must've been pretty good...

I didn't put a deposit down....I just know that I'll be the first one served (ie. first order on opening day from my dealership will be for me)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm really seriously considering leaving this forum. The amount of crap spewed by a small minority of people here is just too hard to take. Peace out boys.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm sure you could order your own and wait a little longer vs just wait to see what the truck brings in and take whatever is on it.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
His name is **** slippy.

What adult that has a daughter that is 16 years or older would make that their username? It's a troll, I just do not understand why someone would spend time doing this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
His name is **** slippy.

What adult that has a daughter that is 16 years or older would make that their username? It's a troll, I just do not understand why someone would spend time doing this?
This is the nature of trolls. They enjoy rattling people's cages. There's no rationale to it other than they get off on it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
This is the nature of trolls. They enjoy rattling people's cages. There's no rationale to it other than they get off on it.

I love how you all make assumptions about me being a troll!!! WTF is up with that!!

So sorry I tried to offer some info!!! If you don't like it don't read it! But to call me a troll on something you know nothing about, sounds to me like you all are the trolls!!!

Oh and just because he is such an ass hole, I'll go ahead an answer the question: I have had the nickname D1ckSlippy since 1987, so...... If going by the same nickname for over 30 years bothers you, well to bad, that's your problem not mine!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have to ask..... how did you get this nickname?

Actually, I don't want to know......

Believe or not, D1ckSlippy is actually an improvement on what my friends first started calling me! LOL

That name morphed into DS over a couple of years and DS then stuck for the rest of HS and beyond. Every time I run into someone from back in the day, the first thing I get from them is a big " WHATS UP D1CKSLIPPY!"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe the dealer plans to have a bunch of people on site when the first RS's arrive and auction them off to the highest bidder LOL

·
Registered
720 Posts
The OP may be sincere in what he is offering as information, although that doesn't make it valid. One thing I have learned is that even a GM of a ford dealership does not necessarily have better info than the RS community. Almost all the info my GM has received on the RS were details I had already learned in the forums. Last I think we heard was that Ford will be making new announcements on Sep 16th and forwarding this information on the 17th to the dealerships. Yes that may be just in the UK but it's all we have to work with right now. The point I am making is that the OP is likely not a troll, more likely the dealership GM is. It wouldn't be the first time someone spoke without really knowing all the facts.....

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
About this Discussion
77 Replies
33 Participants
Ca kleStack
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing