Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you continue to get upset with how the US got the short end lol. I recently was on IG and was looking at many of the RS posters on there from over the pond. They got these nice puddle lights. Does anyone know where i can obtain these and if they will just plug in. Im interested in installing them why because they are a nice touch that once again we did not get.

·
Registered
240 Posts
So as you continue to get upset with how the US got the short end lol. I recently was on IG and was looking at many of the RS posters on there from over the pond. They got these nice puddle lights. Does anyone know where i can obtain these and if they will just plug in. Im interested in installing them why because they are a nice touch that once again we did not get.
Does it project the RS script or Ford logo?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just a simple yellowish hue lights from the side view mirrors. Nice addition but would have been nice to have all LEDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
You kids and your goofy trinkets.
shiny.jpg

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i put in an inquiry with the uk ford parts people see if they can give me a price

·
Registered
591 Posts
My ST had puddle lights. The RS doesn't? I guess I never thought to look.

·
Registered
210 Posts
More than likely this will take a trip to the dealer to enable certain settings in the BCU or PCM that will allow them to operate. I know adding extras like this to a Mustang or F150 would require that. Keep us posted as you learn more.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wish there was a way to get it to project an RS logo like the mustangs show the prancing horse

·
Registered
245 Posts
My '12 had puddle lights; I think you're going to have to replace the whole side view mirror. It's odd & lame that the US version isn't a 1:1 with the Euro version. That said, if you're going to buy 2, I'd be interested in knowing what it'd cost. And based on that, I'd be interested in buying a pair, too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you want just puddle lights you could cut the bottom of your existing housing and add the pins and wiring to the connector or buy ST mirrors. Manually wiring it from the DDM and PDM up to the mirror is easy, and cheap enough, it's just 1-2 wires max (haven't fully reverse engineered the connectors yet) (20 minutes to remove the door pane the first time, and 10 minutes to take the connectors apart to add the wires, and then its your guess how long to take apart the mirror to mod if you go that route...would make a great weekend project)...the ddm and pdm signal pass through the MS-CAN network to the BCM, so that wiring is already in the harness, otherwise prob 150$ max depending if you can get some ST mirrors with proper connectors and the puddle lights holes.

But if your like me and wanted the complete OEM approach (close but not 100% possible), your're looking at around 600-1000$ with shipping+VAT for the parts if you want the puddle + power-fold, pretty sure I have wires for BLIS also bk/gn??? bk/bu??? C652B???
In pursuit of my mission of adding the Lux Pack to the US cars...I took the plunge as nobody else has done it to my knowledge and likely won't, it being so expensive...I should have it all installed by the end of April...assuming all the parts arrive...tracking **** coming from so many countries is pretty sketch with rare updates to its status...(various parts coming from Germany, Thailand, UK, Latvia, Cyprus)...just waiting on wiring the proper LHD harness, LHD door trim, and the 2 brand new mirrors....on there way...; already have everything else in...

A breakdown of general cost...approx as price changes constantly.

200-Euro -- Wiring Harness -- junk -- just make your own (i will do a write up when I get time, but I back on full time again so it might be awhile)...the pd was so bad it had broken wires and nothing was of proper length...GOGO FORD manufacture QC....
300-Euro -- Mirrors (Get EU version not the UK) -- you can use the uk for donor parts though that's what I did...if you buy brand new mirrors they don't come with anything...so you need mirror glass, caps, puddle, and side marker. So either buy used to save $, or buy donor mirrors for parts (these can be UK as the parts will swap)
Mirror Control Switch. = 50EU
200-Euro -- Complete Donor Mirrors

Complete Donor Mirrors 170 Euro or +
10-50-Euro--Side marker --- tinted or sequential LED are pricey https://ebay.to/2UPQuUC
10-50-Euro--Side marker -- projector = 50 Eu https://ebay.to/2IrWfRZ don't fit perfect, but LOOK BADASS!!!!
100-200 Euro -- Mirror Caps (this is the special edition matte black cap, caps cost various prices based on color) I went with panther black atm, but will add custom carbon caps soon!!!
me pre-painted and are 70 EURO each) China carbon caps for 60 USD per par.

BdyCM mods required = puddle lights + power-folding -- Forscan Cable is 50$ -- Forscan WORKED FINE!!!

Lots of shipping charges to figure out what ****ing cables are needed since its a pita to get EU diagrams....VAT...200+ euro easy. = 1000+$ish total for new motors and used parts donor, but I won't know exactly until everything is here...that being said, its very possible. Just don't order the wrong parts, that gets really expensive FAST.

If you go the cheap method and wire it all yourself you will save a ton...just make sure you buy the correct mirrors.

5-7-2019 Installed and mostly working!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Confirming all normal features + puddle lights (100%) and retracting mirrors (DD) do (PD) doesn't (mostly waiting on parts and/or wiring confirmation for PD) work. I'll post a video later! It looks SEXY AF!!!
Very cool! Will be looking at your write up when you have it all figured out and have some spare time to document it all.

I researched a bit about this mod a few months back and almost started it but decided to do the rear fog instead! Might want to bring this mod back on my list now!

Thanks for posting about it!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
That's awesome, I cant wait to see your writeup for the BCM. How did you figure out what wires worked for the mirror actuation, trial and error?

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Subscribed.

Depends how much of a hassle to get the parts for me to do this.

Waiting for the write up!

Great job!

·
Registered
591 Posts
We have them here in Australia. I would imagine that you could order them through Ford Australia or similarly via Ford UK as they also come fitted with the same power mirrors with puddle lights.

·
Registered
298 Posts
We have them here in Australia. I would imagine that you could order them through Ford Australia or similarly via Ford UK as they also come fitted with the same power mirrors with puddle lights.

Be careful the UK/AUDM mirrors are RHD. You have to find them from a LHD EU support country. Mine donors are RHD (the parts all work), but my bases are from Thailand lol...I just need to figure out the PDM-DTC I have and get the rest of the wiring squared away:

Code: B11BD - Mirror Fold Relay

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Circuit Short To Battery Or Open

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

I know pin 3 connector 609B(?) is still missing from the door lock module (my guess is that's where the folding gets the power). I just don't know what PIN 3 does 100% without the correct diagrams (which I still need if anyone has them ??AUDM diagrams would work){the older model 2011 had it wired into the door power, but I want confirmation). I'm not going to chance it just yet with the pdm to the door lock splicing either, as I've re-pinned everything thus far without breaking anything, lol!!

I love the puddles and the simple fact I can press the button and get the drivers door to fold, so I know I can get the PD to work once I get the wiring squared away. Overall it wasn't that hard, takes about 6 hours, cost can vary greatly depending on your ebay luck...I'm sure somebody could figure it out, but I have all the PNs needed for wiring, trim, mirror parts, mirrors, etc...I've bought all the ebay wiring harnesses I could find lately for this project to compare wiring (bought 2 wrong/right ones also lol) and have spares, (so I can keep my original if I need to return to stock.) I will/would make my own wiring for this and other future mods as the **** ford makes is a joke quality wise (the brand new pass side harness had broken and mis-length-ed wiring for the exact **** I needed GO FIGURE lol, so bad I didn't even use the brand new door wiring harness just lost $$$)...I also have PNs for the trim, mirrors, caps, and other needed parts. I will make another video with all the needed PN's and instructions and links to the items. I should be getting a excellent camcorder and want to use it as a test project, but if somebody figures it out before I have the time...its not that hard and there is already a part list on the other website, I'll have spent some time on that video, so it should be very good. TBH, I want a little time being the only one with them...had to have parts shipped from 5+ countries...Mostly ebay, but also couple other websites that take paypal), I also had to have items re-shipped from Germany since the ford dealer there doesn't ship to the US, but that worked out well also, although they take the longest, because German customs are super slow. If all goes well I should have a video up how to do this by mid June, but don't hold me to that as I thought I'd have this done last year when my buddy was in Germany lol. Also lots of thanks and some huge credit go to @tezza from the other forum, he is the UK parts god and without him, I would have been buying the wrong parts all day long.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I bought all the different RS harnesses I could find on ebay and compared them, I also used as-built compare to get module part numbers and the help of a very kind EU forum member who has access to EU parts databases to find trims and covers as the ones available publicly are minimally useful. Overall though, I just moved over the wires/pins needed from my best donor harness after tracing all the wires needed with a continuity test to find out you just need like 12 inches of wire between the mirror and (P)(D)DM. I am pretty sure the pins aren't special either for this part of the harness, I'll list a PN for those also.

The BCM was the really ez pz part...Forscan typical procedure...just go BCM and select with puddle lamps and with retracting mirrors vs the original options and it worked following instruction to turn off/on ignite the car when prompted, but I knew that going in seeing as it's just 2 wires over MS-CAN from the DM (door module).

The only annoying part was the acquisition of parts. You need EU not UK mirrors for LHD, they are sometimes found used, but sought after by EU peeps also...that's best if you want complete mirrors; if you want brand new hardware like myself you need donors or to source caps, glass, puddle lens, marker lens, bolts/screws (tap said mirrors for bolts) or buy 2 sets. 1 as a donor set. I have extras of everything as a result and jic something happens... so I can't wait for parts if I need them it would be 1 month + from the EU for some things...

!!!WARNING TO OTHER RS OWNERS!!! USDM mirrors use brass inserts vs EU plastic tapped threads...the brass inserts are likely causing corrosion/rust on everyone's doors as we speak...my bolts were completely white with corrosion with spots of rust seeding more rust on the mounting holes and harness pass through here as well (I dabbed some rust reformer on the spots with a qtip, that's likely all ford will do anyway), but some new bolts, anti-seize and fresh thread lock is a good idea for those keeping it stock might loose a mirror if you plan to keep it 20+ years of so...The corrosion build up from dissimilar metals all being in contact is kinda sad from a engineering standpoint...The door window motor is also corroded and rusting badly on the bolts, hope my window doesn't fly out and kill somebody.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Very cool! Will be looking at your write up when you have it all figured out and have some spare time to document it all.

I researched a bit about this mod a few months back and almost started it but decided to do the rear fog instead! Might want to bring this mod back on my list now!

Thanks for posting about it!
I got the switch in also, just need install it and hopefully figure out the rest . Might need :encouragement:, but its next for sure on my mod list!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts