Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what I've been reading on the RS' feature list, but it doesn't look like it is going to come with the puddle lamps in the mirrors.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? That was a feature of my ST that I grew to absolutely love and depend on, and I'm gonna be a little sad if the RS doesn't have it.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Not for the US.

Jim

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not for the US.

Jim

That's really a bummer. :(

I wonder, since it's a global car, if the wiring in the door will have the provisions for the puddle lamps anyway? (That is to say, go gank a set of mirrors off of a junkyard Focus and swap em.)

heyhey you get sync 3 whilst were stuck with sync 2!
The grass is always greener... (I never really had a problem with Sync 2 in my ST.)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I wonder, since it's a global car, if the wiring in the door will have the provisions for the puddle lamps anyway?
I have wondered the same about all the bits the EU is getting that we won't. I suspect that there is one main harness that will be the same but a few sub-harnesses that will vary by market. Would love to be proven wrong on this one!

Jim

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Considering Ford/Lincoln were the ones who invented puddle lamps, you think they would. I swear my ST has them, but that happens some features go while others are added.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Says who? You might want to do some fact checking in the future. It says "Illuminated Entry System" under exterior features in the order guide.

View attachment 2568

I saw that very thing, and I wasn't sure about it. On my ST3's window sticker, it was labeled something like "approach lights". 'Illuminated Entry System' struck me as their way of reiterating, "Hey, your car has interior lights that come on when you open the door."

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I saw that very thing, and I wasn't sure about it. On my ST3's window sticker, it was labeled something like "approach lights". 'Illuminated Entry System' struck me as their way of reiterating, "Hey, your car has interior lights that come on when you open the door."
Except it's listed under Exterior highlights. To me that would seem like an interior feature.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Except it's listed under Exterior highlights. To me that would seem like an interior feature.

Indeed - excellent point... but since the nomenclature is the same and one of our local ST guys who owns a 15 doesn't have them on his car, I made the [gratuitous] assumption that the RS wouldn't have them either. :|

·
Registered
309 Posts
My ST3 had puddle lamps and I actually really liked 'em a lot. I was bummed that my new RS2 doesn't have 'em. I think it's lame.

·
Registered
716 Posts
My ST3 had puddle lamps and I actually really liked 'em a lot. I was bummed that my new RS2 doesn't have 'em. I think it's lame.
Agreed. Wonder how hard it would be retro fit ST head lamps. cant imagine it requires any software change...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The rear view mirrors are larger on the U.S. destination RS's and why I don't know - compliance? As such, they are a different mirror to what is provided elsewhere. This is probably the reason they don't get the puddle lights when other destinations do. I know that's not a justifiable reason when it's implied that they do come with them. I found out the size difference when I had XPEL PPF installed and the installer said that the pattern cutout for the mirror doesn't apply because it's for the U.S. mirror which is larger than ours......

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I don't need any lamps lighting up the coolant/transfercase oil/turbo oil puddles my car leaves behind.....

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't need any lamps lighting up the coolant/transfercase oil/turbo oil puddles my car leaves behind.....
Your car has leaked all these things? :saywhat:

I think my mirrors are the same size my ST was. I'm gonna contact the dealer and see if possible to get the underneath mirror lights. I miss 'em.

·
Banned
713 Posts
I had a 2013 ST, ST3 and it had puddle lights. I have a 2018 RS and it does not have puddle lights. :eek: You could also change the ambient light color on the ST and the RS is red only. Meh no big deal on either :tranquillity:

Let's drive our RSs and have fun :thumbsup: :driving:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
16 Participants
jefferysanders
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing