Ford Focus RS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 229 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Yeah, I'm just a shade-tree mechanic. I just couldn't get the blanket around to the DP.

I also put the stock heat shield back on...well, the top half anyhow.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Little update, I was doing it wrong :(
I took a break but it's almost clipped in

You need to fish the blanket thru the whole between the downpipe and the engine... I was going from the other side

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Giving the car a couple more weeks post HG fix to make sure it's not leaking oil, then I'll attempt installing.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Little update, I was doing it wrong :(
I took a break but it's almost clipped in

You need to fish the blanket thru the whole between the downpipe and the engine... I was going from the other side
Good job!

Take some pics and post it to help the next guy out. :encouragement:

·
Registered
342 Posts
So precursor- wear safety gloves, long sleeves and glasses so you don't get little pieces of fiber in your skin.
You will have to wrestle this bad boy into its spot, at least I did lol

Alright so as other have stated, the part with the emblem faces towards the firewall. It goes directly over top of the exhaust manifold and you can tuck the corners under the top 2 nuts.
The rest of the blanket needs to be slid in a hole between the downpipe and the engine.
I had to try multiple times and it was pretty difficult.
Try to have the insulating side of the blanket facing the hotside, try to push it down from the top, as well as pull downwards from below and grabbing from the passengers side wheel well to position it into a good spot . I also only put one clip on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
nicklulu- take some pics of the turbo blanket install pls. i have to install one soon too and could use a few more photos, top down specifically. Any pointers would be appreciated. Lets see if you can be the first to get two springs on!

Cool, I'll keep my eyes peeled! :cheerful:

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
nicklulu- take some pics of the turbo blanket install pls. i have to install one soon too and could use a few more photos, top down specifically. Any pointers would be appreciated. Lets see if you can be the first to get two springs on!
I do have a laundry list of installs this weekend and only have 2900 miles on my RS:

Turbo blanket
CP-E RMM
Cobb SSC
Cobb trans cable bracket bushing
trans cable bushing
JBR short shift arm w/counter weights
Roush intake

I'll try my best sir.

·
Registered
342 Posts
So little update. This was worth the pain of installing it!
I installed the wga at the same time as well, but on a baseline so it's only running on spring pressure (14psi)

Before max spool was around 3300 now it's around 2800? Gonna wait for a proper etune and I will post some charts

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I do have a laundry list of installs this weekend and only have 2900 miles on my RS:

Turbo blanket
CP-E RMM
Cobb SSC
Cobb trans cable bracket bushing
trans cable bushing
JBR short shift arm w/counter weights
Roush intake

I'll try my best sir.
I need to reschedule my install this weekend:

https://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/115988-ford-invite-perform-engineering-evaluation-emissions-diagnostics-system.html#post2187132

I even just got the tools too!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Op is this group buy still going on?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Is it possible to share the logs?
I'm not too interested in sharing them since that typically ends in people complaining about this and that and saying their tuner is better (not saying you'd do that but others likely would). Just take my word for it. I even looked at a couple more and the maximum spool up rpms is 200 now as opposed to 300 or more in previous pulls (the spool time/rpm obviously depends if you're at 2000rpm or 4000rpm, but it is consistently lower now by at least 100-200rpm during some pulls). Its not enough of a different to feel with the butt dyno, but the throttle response does feel slightly more responsive when driving very hard. Casual driving its minor so you'd probably never notice.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I was in the process to install it this weekend but the T30 torx bolt kicked my butt.

yesterday and today, I only ended up installing my Roush intake and ran out of time to install my JBR short shifter, shifter and bracket bushings.

I read trough how people took off that damn bolt. I guess I'll try another time.

181 - 200 of 229 Posts