Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good and reliable brake system is an essential part of every car. Unfortunately, stock brakes do not last long and may not satisfy demands of the track use. Replace your brakes with advance Brembo Brake Kit and make your car more capable on the track. Today their GT Series Curved Vane Type III 2-Piece Rotor Front Brake Kit is one of the best on the market and can be used either for spirited street or track driving.

Brembo Brake Kit is designed specifically for RS model. It features larger diameter rotors and rigid, fixed multi-piston calipers for improved brake performance, heat dissipation and reduced brake fade.

Brembo® - GT-R Series Curved Vane Type III 2-Piece Rotor Front Brake Kit

[URL="http://www.carid.com/2016-ford-focus-brakes/brembo-gt-series-2-piece-curved-vane-type-iii-brake-kit-156827711.html"]Brembo® - GT Series Curved Vane Type III 2-Piece Rotor Front Brake Kit

[/URL]

This brake kit not only performs great, but also have that original sporty look thanks to the combination of painted calipers and slotted or cross-drilled discs.

Let me know if you need a quote in PM or comments below.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Damm nearly 25% of the car price for those bad ass brakes, lol

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I would be interested in changing out the factory rears. They should have an up grade. Why Ford didn't put the brembos all around stumps me. If it were cost issue, they should have eliminated synthetic muffler sound and given us the brakes. This to me would make sense.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I would be interested in changing out the factory rears. They should have an up grade. Why Ford didn't put the brembos all around stumps me. If it were cost issue, they should have eliminated synthetic muffler sound and given us the brakes. This to me would make sense.
Well synthetic muffler sound is a non-recurring cost and nicer rear brakes are a recurring cost. It's apples to oranges.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
This has been a topic for a bit and "cheaping out" always gets brought up. Well just so you know I see vehicles that run over 100K every day and most of them have single piston rear calipers, how about an M6 with CC brakes, single piston. I would love your theory on a single piston rear caliper clamping down on a $2500 rotors stopping a $110,000 plus vehicle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The nearly 60/40 weight split may having something to do with the non Brembo, non vented disc rears....

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
The nearly 60/40 weight split may having something to do with the non Brembo, non vented disc rears....
Possibly but believe it's a cost factor. As for stopping performance it would help. But I see many of us track the car every so often. Rather stare at the car when daily driving. They are an eye soar.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
When I was racing motorcycles back in the 80s, we vary rarely used the rear brake. I was using a small 4 piston Brembo GP caliper up front and a smaller 2 piston Brembo out back. At one of our last WERA races at Watkins Glen, I was lifting the rear wheel off the ground at the end of the back straight- there was no bus stop chicane then.
I’m sure that under very hard braking the RS probably loads it’s front brakes with about 85% of the available capacity. It doesn’t need massive 4 piston calipers on the back.

·
Registered
272 Posts
When I was racing motorcycles back in the 80s, we vary rarely used the rear brake. I was using a small 4 piston Brembo GP caliper up front and a smaller 2 piston Brembo out back. At one of our last WERA races at Watkins Glen, I was lifting the rear wheel off the ground at the end of the back straight- there was no bus stop chicane then.
I’m sure that under very hard braking the RS probably loads it’s front brakes with about 85% of the available capacity. It doesn’t need massive 4 piston calipers on the back.
I'd 100% agree with you if it weren't for the brakes being used as faux LSD. I'm not saying 4-pot gigantic rears ... I'm just saying they are doing more than just stopped the car. They sized the brakes to handle VERY light tracking and the requirement to at least put "Brembo"s up front so no one buying a $35k hot hatch could complain about it. So yeah, they picked the cheapest brake setup they could get away with for a street car that would see just enough track time to wet most people's whistle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts