Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Would you be interested in a YLCNC tray?

Production Re-run Pre-order: YourLittleCNC shop Center Console Tray

11K views 123 replies 35 participants last post by  nicklulu 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE:
Got an update from Chris of YLCNC

The tray is now available for pre-orders on their web store:

[GROUP BUY] 2016-2018 Focus RS Aluminum Center Console Tray v3.0

Go ahead and place your pre-orders there instead of posting on this thread.

Group buy window will stay open until 7/24, which should give adequate time for anyone interested in a tray to get their order placed. If we get at least 30, they will get the material ordered and production started on the following Monday. If we don't get at least 30 by that time, then all pre-orders placed will be cancelled and refunded.

Their goal would be to have all of the trays machined, anodized, packed, and shipped by mid-August.

His answers earlier questions:
"-v3 design only, yes. That was by far the most popular one, and also my personal favorite of the 3 iterations I made.

-Same pricing as before : $59.99 + shipping. The only way I'd be able to get that price significantly lower would be if we had somewhere around 90 pre-orders - at which point I would simply issue a refund for the quantity discount to everyone who placed an order. Aluminum has actually gone up a lot in price in the last couple of years, which is why I need as many orders as I do in order to keep the price reasonable.

-Anodizing wouldn't affect quantity needed, and for something like this I won't offer it in anything but an anodized finish anyway."

Original post:
Testing the waters.

Over the years, my poor little plastic/rubber OEM center console tray has slowly sagged and buckled from all the weight of those pens, quarters, business cards, loose screws, etc. I've been recklessly stuffing in there.

Back when the car just came out, I knew that YLCNC had a metal equivalent, but I saw no need for it...until now, so I decided to check out their site and sadly, no longer available.

So I got in touch with the owner Chris, and he was open to doing another production run, but the catch is, he needs around 30 to make it viable for him.

Any one who's interested in one, go ahead and post.

See less See more
#6 ·
Count me in..

#9 ·
Totally in! Good looking out @BigFatFlip ! Hopefully we get to at least 30!

#15 ·
I have a V2 tray, the upgrade from stock is definitely worth it. IIRC the V3 is the deepest tray. Do you think Chris will reduce the number required for the group buy or even the price if he doesn't have to get the trays anodized? Count me as a maybe right now.

#16 ·
I have a V2 tray, the upgrade from stock is definitely worth it. IIRC the V3 is the deepest tray. Do you think Chris will reduce the number required for the group buy or even the price if he doesn't have to get the trays anodized? Count me as a maybe right now.
I would imagine getting it anodized is a decent chunk of the cost. I wouldn't mind a raw finish but would prefer it be anodized. I'll definitely run it by him though, if it makes it so he can do it with a smaller order.

#28 ·
Got an update from Chris of YLCNC

The tray is now available for pre-orders on their web store:

[GROUP BUY] 2016-2018 Focus RS Aluminum Center Console Tray v3.0

Go ahead and place your pre-orders there instead of posting on this thread.

Group buy window will stay open until 7/24, which should give adequate time for anyone interested in a tray to get their order placed. If we get at least 30, they will get the material ordered and production started on the following Monday. If we don't get at least 30 by that time, then all pre-orders placed will be cancelled and refunded.

Their goal would be to have all of the trays machined, anodized, packed, and shipped by mid-August.

His answers earlier questions:
"-v3 design only, yes. That was by far the most popular one, and also my personal favorite of the 3 iterations I made.

-Same pricing as before : $59.99 + shipping. The only way I'd be able to get that price significantly lower would be if we had somewhere around 90 pre-orders - at which point I would simply issue a refund for the quantity discount to everyone who placed an order. Aluminum has actually gone up a lot in price in the last couple of years, which is why I need as many orders as I do in order to keep the price reasonable.

-Anodizing wouldn't affect quantity needed, and for something like this I won't offer it in anything but an anodized finish anyway."

#29 ·
Alright! Since I know I'll forget if I wait, I went ahead and pre-ordered right now. Hopefully we get enough! Let's go people!

Reactions: BigFatFlip
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.