Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
the only mention of 2000 was taken from another forum post made in May with regards to the wording of a monster energy promotion which was subsequently changed days later.

going back to the RS Interview released in April they said,
Q: Production numbers? What will production be globally and for North America?

A: Not able to comment on that at this time but initial run will be less than the STs first year. That was roughly 13K, so less than that. But, Ford has the capacity to make as many RSs needed to meet the demand.
so, its entirely possible that there will only be 2k, but with a solid demand why would they want to limit it that much? to make an extra few k locally on dealership markup? it doesn't make sense to me. it's no Aston martin although the front end is trying damn hard!

Lets think about this. the current ships out there today are capable of carrying an easy 3,000-4,500 cars depending on the ship. the regular focus and the rs are being made along side each other under the same roof, so will most likely ship together to the states. I'd like to think that Job 1 will consist of 2k RS and 2.5k normal focus because that lets me sleep better at night.

·
Registered
171 Posts
the only mention of 2000 was taken from another forum post made in May with regards to the wording of a monster energy promotion which was subsequently changed days later.

so, its entirely possible that there will only be 2k, but with a solid demand why would they want to limit it that much? to make an extra few k locally on dealership markup? it doesn't make sense to me. it's no Aston martin although the front end is trying damn hard!

Lets think about this. the current ships out there today are capable of carrying an easy 3,000-4,500 cars depending on the ship. the regular focus and the rs are being made along side each other under the same roof, so will most likely ship together to the states. I'd like to think that Job 1 will consist of 2k RS and 2.5k normal focus because that lets me sleep better at night.
Regular Focus (& ST) for US are still being made in Detroit, with production set to move to Mexico. Focus RS are the only cars making the trip over from Germany.

·
Registered
203 Posts

Only FUD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some parts of the cars will be made in Mexico. The cars will still be assembled in Wayne Mi. And as far as I have heard through my connections they are producing 10750 RS models of which only 2000 will be coming to the USA

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
some parts of the cars will be made in mexico. The cars will still be assembled in wayne mi. And as far as i have heard through my connections they are producing 10750 rs models of which only 2000 will be coming to the usa

sent from my sm-t900 using tapatalk
wrong!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Facts.....

No specific number...

Less than 13,575...

Ford has the capacity to make as many RS's needed to meet the demand...

·
Registered
23 Posts
And you say this why? What is your proof and knowledge?

Paul Seredynski of Ford Marketing and Team RS Engineers John Wicks, and Omar Odeh answer questions from RS Nations members.

A: Not able to comment on that at this time but initial run will be less than the STs first year. That was roughly 13K, so less than that. But, Ford has the capacity to make as many RSs needed to meet the demand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Paul Seredynski of Ford Marketing and Team RS Engineers John Wicks, and Omar Odeh answer questions from RS Nations members.

Yes I know all that, but I also work in the industry and I am going off the numbers that were given. Yes they may and I stress may make more total and or for the US but that is not a given.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was wondering, does anyone know or think it might be a bit easier to get one, especially with less mark up, on the 2nd year production model?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I was wondering, does anyone know or think it might be a bit easier to get one, especially with less mark up, on the 2nd year production model?
Of course it would, if you could wait. You rarely have markups on 2nd year cars

·
Registered
54 Posts
Of course it would, if you could wait. You really have markups on 2nd year cars
Why would a 2nd year car be more marked up than a 1st year? I would think if the 1st year sells out the 2nd year would be produces more and since it's already been in production for a full year the hype will have died down slightly.
I'll probably be paying off my current car right around 2nd year production, so hopefully I can sell it or trade it towards the RS in year 2. Of course I might change my mind in the next hour and trade in my car for an '87 ford f-150, lmao.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Why would a 2nd year car be more marked up than a 1st year? I would think if the 1st year sells out the 2nd year would be produces more and since it's already been in production for a full year the hype will have died down slightly.
I'll probably be paying off my current car right around 2nd year production, so hopefully I can sell it or trade it towards the RS in year 2. Of course I might change my mind in the next hour and trade in my car for an '87 ford f-150, lmao.
Sorry, typo. Meant to say you rarely have markups on a 2nd year car

·
Registered
70 Posts
The exception would be if the car turned out to be even more than expected, the word got out, completely dominating. Then year two could be worse ADM and demand wise. Re: like the Hellcat Challenger. Nothing is getting better for year two.

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
Dear Gawd, not this blog post in another forum that I participate in. Look at the source people! Tekrieg Publishing Company? When I'm looking for FoRS updates, this is the first place I go to stay ahead. LOL. Anyone heard of them before?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dear Gawd, not this blog post in another forum that I participate in. Look at the source people! Tekrieg Publishing Company? When I'm looking for FoRS updates, this is the first place I go to stay ahead. LOL. Anyone heard of them before?
That's what I'm saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
About this Discussion
100 Replies
39 Participants
MidCow3
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing