Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious of what people have found (or not) on the duration of production for the MK3 RS. With the model year confirmed as a 2016, has Ford said anything about multiple years of production? I know the number of units will be low, but is it going to continue into 2017/2018 +, or will it be like the last RS 2009/2010?

I'm guessing that with the ST as regular production, that the RS will continue to be a limited every few years type deal. However, if it's selling enough, Ford may want to continue producing.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
The next gen Focus is supposed to be out in 2017. That might mean it is the 2018 model year, though, because I heard that the current gen is good through model year 2017. The next gen is supposed to have a look very similar to the current one. What that says about this or any RS variant is hard to say.

Jim

·
Registered
520 Posts
My guess is 2017 or 2018 will likely be the last year for this generation. Ford did say that this RS is one of 20 or so new Ford performance vehicles to debut between now and 2020 so my guess is it'll be revitalized for the next gen Focus but maybe towards the end of its production run, kinda like this one. We'll likely also see performance versions of the Fusion, Escape, Taurus, and possibly some others pop up between now and then, but probably not using the RS name.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Ford talked about making the RS more of a current model, kind of like the Golf R. I'm not sure if that meant a 3-4 years absence instead of a 7 or what. I'm totally fine with waiting 3 years for another RS but when you start talking 5 plus years then I will be looking for something in between. We know for sure there will be basically a 1.5 year run if you include half of this year and 2017, I'm not betting on a 2018 yet but the ST hasn't gone away yet and that is a good sign.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts