Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering the ProClip since it seems to be highly recommended. What base/attachment do you all recommend?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
ProClip phone mount favorites

This is what I use, it's about $6 on Amazon. It's great. I gave them to everyone in my family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
575 Posts
In my experience ProClip's mounts are all way too complicated. The magnetic vent mounts like Grimlock posted are simpler, cleaner, easier to use, and way cheaper. That's what I use in any of my cars where I need to see the phone.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

$6.99 on Amazon, and evidently the most popular cell phone mount they sell.

Car Mount, TechMatte MagGrip Air Vent Magnetic Universal Car Mount Holder for Smartphones including iPhone 6, 6S, Galaxy S7, S6 Edge, OnePlus 3- Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OJE1SG8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ZfkzxbCP8B6V9

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts

I went pro-clip because i can't stand any vibration in my phone mount. The others vibrate alot, even nice ones like RAMmount
It TechMatte one doesn't vibrate at all in my V70R. It's VERY secure.

·
Registered
575 Posts
No vibration at all from the Magnetic one linked in any of my cars, including my race car with very stiff coilovers.

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
For those of you with phablets... where in heavens do you put your phone?

I've got an iPhone 6+. It's too big for the cubby thing in front of the shifter. That and I use waze... it should be visible somewhere. What are y'all doing with your phones?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got a Nexus 6.

I use a magnet vent mount (linky) that I had in my old car. The RS has less options on where to put it, but I found the vent on my left works pretty well. I have to lean a little to the left to the see the whole screen, but I dont need it very often. There are tons of these from different people on amazon, they're all the same and range from $6-$8. the only downside is you need a case to squish the metal plate between it and the phone so that it sticks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've got a Nexus 6.

I use a magnet vent mount (linky) that I had in my old car. The RS has less options on where to put it, but I found the vent on my left works pretty well. I have to lean a little to the left to the see the whole screen, but I dont need it very often. There are tons of these from different people on amazon, they're all the same and range from $6-$8. the only downside is you need a case to squish the metal plate between it and the phone so that it sticks.
Same, have Nexus 6/7" tablet/iPhone 6+ that are almost always on me, and I plan to use magnet vent mounts.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've got a Nexus 6.

I use the same thing for my HTC10 but mounted on the vent to the right of the steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
For those interested ProClip is offering 10% off this holiday.

Enter Code: JULY4 at checkout. Expires 11:59 pm eastern 7/4/2016

Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts*-*ProClip USA

Remember this is a 2 piece option: you'll need a phone mount and the mount for your car for the complete solution.

·
Registered
513 Posts
In-car Phone Holders and Unicorns

Let's face it, a good in-car phone holder is about as rare as a unicorn. 99.99% of phone holders are just absolute junk and more a source of aggravation than they are of convenience. What if that were changed? What if you could purchase a GOOD, elegantly simple, in-car phone holder that just worked, and worked well? What if that phone holder was made specifically for an RS and had an installation time effort of less than 60-seconds? Too good to be true? Maybe not.

The intent of this thread is to gauge interest in such a solution. A solution, given a level of interest, that we could deliver in quantity, quickly.

Pictures are worth a thousand words....but another fact is that I am horrible on getting good pictures. This Focus-specific mount is represented as the gray rectangle in the following pics. Behind the gray material are (12) watch-battery sized super-strong magnets. There is a super-thin sliver of metal that you place between you phone and the phone case that you are using. This metal is sooooo thin, it won't interfere with your cover. Just drop it in between the case and the back of the phone and forget it. But, once there, and you jump in your new RS, just hold the phone in front of the gray rectangle and "thunk!" the strong magnets hold the phone FIRMLY. Getting out of the car? Just grab the phone and go! Simple. Easy. Effective. It looks just great, is safer for you as you are not fumbling around for your phone or dropping it in a cup holder. And remember, CarPlay is coming and if you are not already using Maze for trips, you certainly could now that you have a holder that is car-specific and WORKS!

So, what do you think? Would you be interested? Note: Our prototype is Gray in color and the production units would be black - a better match for the interior when the phone is not in place.

PhoneBracket4.JPG

PhoneMount1.JPG

PhoneMount2.JPG

·
Registered
513 Posts
How does it attach to the dash? Would like to see side view also.
3M tape. In the last two pics I'm holding a flashlight beam on it. When not lit the mount tab is very hard to see in that it is almost the identical color and texture of the plastic it mounts to. The 3M tape is plenty strong, and works great and won't fail..... yet it allows the bracket to be removed at any time. Kit would include a small alcohol swab for those that have greased up their dash :)

1 - 20 of 104 Posts