Ford Focus RS Forum banner

ProClip and iPhone holder with the right lightening cable

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  turbojr74 
#1 ·
I got the ProClip with the holder that has the lightening cable holder built in. I wanted to do a short cable (maybe 6" to a 12" and not white if possible) but I cannot verify any after market cables have the same size lightening cable body end to fit into the ProClip holder.
The problem with most MFI certified cables is that they are certified for the connection/chip only not the jacket size so they come in all sizes, most are too big. The Apple one is very tightly packaged.

Anyone had success with other brands that have the same jacket size to work with the ProClip?

#2 ·
#3 ·
If you cant find what you are looking for, I bought these for use with my proclip setup. They look nice IMO. And yes, I know my car is dirty lol.

I totally missed this. Thanks for replying. Sadly I was hoping for some aftermarket one to fit into that ProClip integrated cord to drop in.

You would think an aftermarket would be close enough. I would be willing to shave it down a little to get it to fit. Just not having the white expensive apple cord would be nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.