Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

My first time posting on this forum so go easy on me please.

I'm trying to turn in my Leased 2015 Ford mustang Ecoboost for the RS. Right now my lease ends December of 2017.

I've been reading around in the forum a little bit and it seems like a lot of people are waiting over 9 months for their RS to come.
Should I look into purchasing the RS Now and settle everything 9 months prior to my lease end date? I'm not actually really sure how to go about this.

How did you guys go about purchasing your RS?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Hello everyone!

My first time posting on this forum so go easy on me please.

I'm trying to turn in my Leased 2015 Ford mustang Ecoboost for the RS. Right now my lease ends December of 2017.

I've been reading around in the forum a little bit and it seems like a lot of people are waiting over 9 months for their RS to come.
Should I look into purchasing the RS Now and settle everything 9 months prior to my lease end date? I'm not actually really sure how to go about this.

Order early, put down your deposit, and wait. You won't have to pay for it until it arrives. Oh, and find a dealer with no ADM (Additional Dealer Markup).

·
Registered
669 Posts
Order and be prepared to wait, and wait who knows how long. This is a good indication of what to expect.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

·
Registered
607 Posts
  1. Walked into dealer on July 22nd
  2. Offered them $1k over sticker when they wanted $5k and they agreed on the price
  3. asked for X dollars for my trade in, received it
  4. asked for 1.9% financing, got it
  5. drove new RS home 2 hours later

·
Registered
71 Posts
Basically you have two options. Either order one and wait or snipe one. There are dealers which have current 2016 model on the floor and they are looking to get ADM, however since you don't have nothing to lose you can always make an offer. Dealers either will take it or drop it down. In my case dealer offered me 5k ADM on the car which they had on the floor but I told them absolutely NO, so he asked me if there is anything what they can do for me to buy it at the same day. I said yes, sell it for sticker price. Since it was a first line representative he couldn't make that decision but 15min. later I've got phone call with question if I can buy the car the same day ?I said yes and they offered me sticker price. 1h later i was happy owner of new Ford RS. I was interested in RS almost a year ago when banks opened but I didn't like the fact of waiting months to get the car. I never placed my order and in the mean time, I was checking other available options. Around 10 months later I bought Ford RS basically on the spot, walk-in and I can't be happier.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you everyone for responding! haha

I think I'll wait at least until next year since my lease is up in December 2017. Hopefully I can get my hands on this beauty before 2018 :D

Cheers

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
thank you everyone for responding! haha

I think I'll wait at least until next year since my lease is up in December 2017. Hopefully I can get my hands on this beauty before 2018 :D

Cheers
Since they likely won't be making them then you may want to look at swapalease.com and moving a littler earlier if you want to be the first owner anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts