Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
Lol my only check list is please, please don't drill my bumper and please, please don't "wash" my car. If I tried to get my dealer to sign that they would probably just laugh at me. The GM has already flat out told me he'll try to stop them from drilling my bumper but can't guarantee s**t. Nothing much I can do about that!

·
Registered
362 Posts
found this online. But through work I have done a lot of pdi's the car is taken into the bay inspected lifted into the air inspected underneath all fluids checked and a test drive taken to make sure transmission and engine operation is normal it's all required as part of delivery.

I agree u don't want someone driving your car but if it arrives and there is issues it's the techs job to find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
878 Posts
http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/2345-questions-ask-dealership-when-buying-focus-rs-3.html#post51747

Yup, that would be me.

My sense though is that the conversation would have gone _slightly_ more successfully if I'd had it directly with the Sales Manager, rather than filtering everything through my salesman, who clearly did not have my best interests at heart.

So when you first set foot in the door, ask to discuss an RS purchase directly with the Sales Manager, and try to graciously come to a meeting of the minds on how long you'll have to/are willing to wait to see him, in between all of the deals he's writing up all day long.

I.e., hopefully you'll be able to get in to see him within 15-30 min. of when you arrive, assuming you've missed his daily hour-long Sales Meeting, his lunch hour, etc., etc.

I think forum member already tried something similar a month or so ago. I think he was told to go kick sand tho.

·
Registered
878 Posts
My List that I took to the dealer is here:

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/2345-questions-ask-dealership-when-buying-focus-rs.html#post50763

Generally speaking, the SM didn't want to sign anything, because he couldn't guarantee that he could deliver a car to me, "because something could always go wrong."

Also generally, he just didn't want to take the time to read through all the (many) points in my list.

So pick your battles, and keep your list short.

Specifically, he said, "No", to my being present for the delivery or the PDI.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Lol my only check list is please, please don't drill my bumper and please, please don't "wash" my car. If I tried to get my dealer to sign that they would probably just laugh at me. The GM has already flat out told me he'll try to stop them from drilling my bumper but can't guarantee s**t. Nothing much I can do about that!
Why not be there the day of delivery to ensure they don't drill the holes?

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
Why not be there the day of delivery to ensure they don't drill the holes?
Going to do absolutely everything in my power to make sure I am but I'm afraid I might not know of the exact delivery day/time or I might be traveling for work which I often do and not be in town when it arrives.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Going to do absolutely everything in my power to make sure I am but I'm afraid I might not know of the exact delivery day/time or I might be traveling for work which I often do and not be in town when it arrives.
Yeah, if I can "Just happen to be in the neighborhood" when the transport pulls up, I will definitely take a day off work, and spend the whole day hanging around the dealership eyeball'ing my car, and generally making a nuisance of myself :surprise:.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I'm sure your dealer will take care of it as if it was their own til you get back.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
This is the PDI for my ST. They did some of the things on this list that are not checked.. and I know for a fact they did not do some of the things that ARE checked on this list.. like checking the tires for proper inflation. They were inflated to 45 PSI. which I bet more than a few RS's will be when ya'll take delivery. They have them so high because when they are sitting in waiting lots for long times, this helps keep them from getting flat spots..

I did get to drive my car from the dealers holding storage lot which is where the new cars are delivered. it was fresh off of the truck. They just got through pulling off all of the protective bits when I got there.

Then after I bought it they kept it for a day adding the extras I got for it.(alarm, tint, lo-jack) My dealer does everything in house, No porters to go putting it in a tree, thank goodness.

When I picked it up it was all full of 93 octane fuel, freshly washed and waxed. I couldn't find anything to pick on. Therefore I'm not too worried about my RS being handled by them.
Image (4).jpg

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd actually be more worried about the guy who loads it to transport to get it from the plant to the port, then the guy who loads it on the ship, then the guy who unloads it, then the guy who takes it from there to the rail yard, then the guy who loads it on the train, and mostly the guy who loads it on the truck for final delivery. I've seen brand new cars dropped 6-8" and scrap their undercarriage the whole way when coming off the trucks to a dealership before.

The guy doing the PDI is, unfortunately, the last guy I'm worried about.
Isn't that axiomatic? :very_drunk:

·
Registered
575 Posts
This is the PDI for my ST. They did some of the things on this list that are not checked.. and I know for a fact they did not do some of the things that ARE checked on this list.. like checking the tires for proper inflation. They were inflated to 45 PSI. which I bet more than a few RS's will be when ya'll take delivery. They have them so high because when they are sitting in waiting lots for long times, this helps keep them from getting flat spots..

I did get to drive my car from the dealers holding storage lot which is where the new cars are delivered. it was fresh off of the truck. They just got through pulling off all of the protective bits when I got there.

Then after I bought it they kept it for a day adding the extras I got for it.(alarm, tint, lo-jack) My dealer does everything in house, No porters to go putting it in a tree, thank goodness.

When I picked it up it was all full of 93 octane fuel, freshly washed and waxed. I couldn't find anything to pick on. Therefore I'm not too worried about my RS being handled by them.
View attachment 6021
5.2 - 'check driveability' and 5.5 'check speed control' is to dread.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
5.2 - 'check driveability' and 5.5 'check speed control' is to dread.
At least it doesn't say "Check all drive modes" and "Check max speed"!

Jim

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd actually be more worried about the guy who loads it to transport to get it from the plant to the port, then the guy who loads it on the ship, then the guy who unloads it, then the guy who takes it from there to the rail yard, then the guy who loads it on the train, and mostly the guy who loads it on the truck for final delivery. I've seen brand new cars dropped 6-8" and scrap their undercarriage the whole way when coming off the trucks to a dealership before.
Oh S&@T! :sorrow:

21 - 40 of 46 Posts